C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by ZackOSU, Dec 28, 2009.

1. ZackOSU

ZackOSU TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

Im a newbie and i did this with a sony cyber shot. Be honest please.

2. Tbo

Tbo TPF Noob!

If the dog was framed better with his whole head in the picture it would be better. Other than that it looks a little over exposed and I'm not sure how much PP you did but if you did a ton of sharpening it turned out sort of grainy. IMO

3. ZackOSU

ZackOSU TPF Noob!

Thanks for your comment. i dont believe that it is grainy. the picture may be too small to see it but that is the texture of the dogs fur i believe

4. agc970

agc970 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok i completely disagree about this photo being grainy. there is a lot of detail in the dog's fur and that is a GOOD thing!! you don't want to lose the detail.

I think the angle of this is nice because it is different, but a bit of the dog is outside of the frame. try keeping the dog in the frame next time... although that's a lot easier said than done with a dog that can move!

the flash is a bit strong here. it would be a good idea to get the dog outdoors and use natural lighting that's not too strong. if indoors, try getting the dog close to a window during the daytime to get some good natural lighting. you want to avoid harsh shadows though. another suggestion if you have to use the on-camera flash is to put a piece of white paper or white card in front of your flash to diffuse the light and make it a little less harsh.

Other than the dog being out of frame and the flash being too strong, I think this is a really nice photo :) You did a good job with filling the frame with your subject. I like the DOF here and the angle/perspective is really nice and unique. you're off to a good start! keep taking photos :)

5. Live_free

Live_free TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Like others say, framed better. Also it is really grainy and just seems to centered. This is a good read Rules of Comp.

6. Linkin

Linkin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Agreed with the others. One thing though... these dogs have such beautiful colours... why did you decide to shoot in B&W?