C&C please

ZackOSU

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
4224222840_1ff03bb857_m.jpg

Im a newbie and i did this with a sony cyber shot. Be honest please.

If the dog was framed better with his whole head in the picture it would be better. Other than that it looks a little over exposed and I'm not sure how much PP you did but if you did a ton of sharpening it turned out sort of grainy. IMO

Thanks for your comment. i dont believe that it is grainy. the picture may be too small to see it but that is the texture of the dogs fur i believe

ok i completely disagree about this photo being grainy. there is a lot of detail in the dog's fur and that is a GOOD thing!! you don't want to lose the detail.

I think the angle of this is nice because it is different, but a bit of the dog is outside of the frame. try keeping the dog in the frame next time... although that's a lot easier said than done with a dog that can move!

the flash is a bit strong here. it would be a good idea to get the dog outdoors and use natural lighting that's not too strong. if indoors, try getting the dog close to a window during the daytime to get some good natural lighting. you want to avoid harsh shadows though. another suggestion if you have to use the on-camera flash is to put a piece of white paper or white card in front of your flash to diffuse the light and make it a little less harsh.

Other than the dog being out of frame and the flash being too strong, I think this is a really nice photo :) You did a good job with filling the frame with your subject. I like the DOF here and the angle/perspective is really nice and unique. you're off to a good start! keep taking photos :)

Like others say, framed better. Also it is really grainy and just seems to centered. This is a good read Rules of Comp.

Agreed with the others. One thing though... these dogs have such beautiful colours... why did you decide to shoot in B&W?

Most reactions

Back