C&C Please

Prior Image

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please give me some feedback on these images.

Thanks,

The Prior

SwissSnow-1130.jpg

SwissSnow-75.jpg

SwissSnow-85.jpg

Last edited:
These are sort of unresolved images.
There's no flow between the different parts and I'm not certain where to look and what is important.

Generally, having a main point of interest dead center isn't a great idea and in the first that's the position of the apple/cherry/ (?) and the branches around it are rather disconnected with too much space to really act as a frame.

In the second, the bright area draws my eye and it is a hole in the clouds, probably not what you consider the main point of interest.

In the third, there doesn't seem to be a point of interest and the trees are more a green smudge than anything.

Lew

I am a beginner so my critique might not really be valid...

On the first one, I agree with PP, however, I do like how the few branches that are there are kind of shaped to make a box around the cherry...

I do have to agree with PP completely on #2 and #3 though :/

I really like the 2nd one. I would suggest making the mountains more dramatic, darkening them or something, to give your viewer something grand to focus on.

On the first one, I agree with PP, however, I do like how the few branches that are there are kind of shaped to make a box around the cherry...
Keep in mind he has one branch nearly bisecting the subject. Had the OP stepped to the right, he could have framed the subject in traingle of branches. I like the feel of this image, but I think it would be much better tighter on the subject.

Yes. Like said above, for #1 I would have liked to see the branch in the middle gone (or off to the side) and in PP, selectively boost the colour just a *little* bit to make it stand out that much more. I have no issue with it being centered though.

Composition is still a struggle for me. I really appreciate the feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back