C&C please :)

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, went out shooting last night.. i'm not sure if i like what i caught though. As much as this shot is 'out of the ordinary' it doesn't do much for me.. so i tried to jazz it up a little in PS. Opinions and thoughts would be great. Cheers ;)

Note: 'Rule of centre' is one of my favorite rules :er:

dsc00082e.jpg

dsc0008rt.jpg

i like the editing.

How exactly did you edit it?
Could you please explain step by step?
Thanks a lot

How exactly did you edit it?
Could you please explain step by step?
Thanks a lot
Pretty much just adjusted the levels a little.
Then i grabbed my dodge tool and painted the clouds a few times.
Grabbed the burn tool, and brought out the detail in the bunker & the ground.
Cropped the photo.
Done ;)

Meh.
If you are following the rule of center, you should center the subject.

I am not sure what I am looking at, but it's shape seems to fool me into thinking it's really tall and distorted, but I know it's not. I think a portrait crop might accentuate that feeling, and get rid of that extraneous stuff.

What do you think?
thing.jpg

The originals, while technically fantastic, have too much going. I can't tell what I should focus on, the giant object or the bright accents in the background.

Bitter's crop is better, I think, for the reasons above.

Just a reminder that photoshop doesn't have an unsuck filter, more processing didn't change the fact that the shot has blah composition and lack of a dominant subject.

Just a reminder that photoshop doesn't have an unsuck filter, more processing didn't change the fact that the shot has blah composition and lack of a dominant subject.
Well aware, thanks Alex. Just thought i would try and see what i could do before totally ridding the image. ;)

Meh.
If you are following the rule of center, you should center the subject.

I am not sure what I am looking at, but it's shape seems to fool me into thinking it's really tall and distorted, but I know it's not. I think a portrait crop might accentuate that feeling, and get rid of that extraneous stuff.

What do you think?
thing.jpg
Cheers for that Bitter. As much as i like your edit, i really love the effect the clouds give on my original edited one. Definitly see where you're coming from with the 'rule of centre'. If i had a tripod i would have shot that crop from the get go ;)

Thanks again all :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back