C&C Please?

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these shots today in a local ravine while enjoying Canada Day. Tell me what you think, I am open to all constructive comments and critiques.

4753140634_a9e7e2d295_z.jpg

1)
Camera NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D90
Exposure 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture f/18.0
Focal Length 92 mm
ISO Speed 450

4752493877_0e46028d43_z.jpg

2)
Aperture f/18.0
Focal Length 75 mm
Focal Length 75.5 mm
ISO Speed 400

4753128430_a2646069ae_z.jpg

3)
Aperture f/18.0
Focal Length 105 mm
ISO Speed 800

4752482345_88901c53ec_z.jpg

4)
Exposure 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture f/11.0
Focal Length 18 mm
ISO Speed 800

They all seem green and kind of blend into the background. I'm wondering if this isn't one of those instances where you could B&W the background?

#3 seems really, really busy considering the apparent subject is a (caterpiller balled-up)?
Perhaps a tighter shot would work?

#4 is certainly a good attempt. the clouds in the white areas are too white? They kind of lack definition. The best thing about the picture is of the two paths. One is a natural path, one is man-made. Both go off into the distance, one going up and the other snaking off into the distance...

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see even more progress...

They all seem green and kind of blend into the background. I'm wondering if this isn't one of those instances where you could B&W the background?

#3 seems really, really busy considering the apparent subject is a (caterpiller balled-up)?
Perhaps a tighter shot would work?

#4 is certainly a good attempt. the clouds in the white areas are too white? They kind of lack definition. The best thing about the picture is of the two paths. One is a natural path, one is man-made. Both go off into the distance, one going up and the other snaking off into the distance...

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see even more progress...

Thanks for the critic, it is useful.

I know what you mean for 1-3. However that was the idea, i was going for analogous colour scheme.

the first two look like they could be in a sci-fi movie. trippy

Love the first 2. I have to agree about #3, it does look a little busy. A macro shot of the snail would have been great for it.

As for #4, I think changing it to B&W would give it a good atmosphere to it.

Nice job :)

Love the first 2. I have to agree about #3, it does look a little busy. A macro shot of the snail would have been great for it.

As for #4, I think changing it to B&W would give it a good atmosphere to it.

Nice job :)

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of the black and white colour scheme for the last one. I quickly changed the original in in PS. Here it is.

475248234588901c53ecz.jpg

B&W doesn't help #4 at all. I could tell you that just by looking at the color photo. Red, green, and blue all become middle gray. So what you have is a glorious gray and white photograph with a foreground so uninteresting my eyes glaze over.

Personally, I see the fence as something I'd need to climb over in order to get to the river. So put yer boots on.

Personally, I see the fence as something I'd need to climb over in order to get to the river. So put yer boots on.

^ x 2. The little you can see of the river looks beautiful!

Last edited:
It's gray.

How insightful... wow.

Yeah, I think the point is that it doesn't HAVE to be gray. How did you convert it? If you didn't use the channel mixer, try it that way. Burn in the clouds a little bit. I think that there is a more interesting image in there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back