C&C Please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by rat_1_ca, Jul 2, 2010.

1. rat_1_ca

rat_1_ca TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Any good.....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. SwiftTone

SwiftTone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm a beginner myself.

Probably the strongest out of the 3 for me. I think it could have been better if you pointed the camera up more to capture more of the sky.(rule of thirds) Also, do you see the big face with 2 eyes in the water...creepy O_O

3. LCARSx32

LCARSx32 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 could use some post processing. Since the sky is the most obvious subject, I would crop most of the water out. It's just distracting and dark. Cropping will force the viewer's eyes up towards the sky. I would also brighten the image some and lower the contrast slightly. The boat is a little distracting. If it was better lit, it would have made a good subject, but since it's so dark, it forces you to strain your eyes to see it.

[​IMG]

#2 looks good. Nice color, good exposure. Not the most interesting subject, but still a good photo.

#3 suffers from the room in the foreground being under exposed. Plus the sign is overexposed where the sunlight is hitting it. I don't think there's much you can do with this one. You would have to do an HDR image to make it work.

Just watch your exposure and read up on the "rule of thirds". It's a good start, tho!

-Ray

4. R.D.

R.D. TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the first one as it is but Ray(my name too!!!) makes a good point, cropping the water lightens it up and really makes the sky jump..

The third photo would be really neat with a sailor as the subject or even a woman in a summer dress holding a sailor's headgear.. that would obviously be staged but would be a fun shot.

5. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Having some small highlights like the closer side of the sign in the room is ok.

From a compositional stand point all 3 have issues.

#1 has the horizon across the horizontal center of the photo effectively making it 2 separte but cojoined images. The top half being much brighter than the lower half.

#2 has some perspective problems but is the strongest of the 3 images. The time of day the image was made is not helping and you really should have either moved to the left a little, or more so to the right to better frame the shot which is essentially an abstract.

#3 just doesn't work because not enough of the ship(?) can be seen.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  6. lunaaa

lunaaa TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i think 3 would be much nicer if you got closer to the glass as if to show the world through it,i dunno just my opinion ,try it if you ever get to reshoot it.