C&C Please

Carson38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just need advice and opinions

d3.jpg

The selective color is kind of interesting, but in my opinion there's way too much empty space on the right side of the photograph. I keep wanting to pick up that car and move it about 4 inches to the right.

The building on the left is a bit distracting too... it's just kind of "there" and doesn't really lend anything to the scene.

Also seems like the focus might be a bit soft.

I just don't see the need for the selective coloring. There is nothing else going on. There isn't any need to draw attention to the subject because thats ALL you could possibly be looking at anyway. So it kinda comes off as Post Processing for the sake of Post Processing. Now if it was a birthday table full of presents and this is the one you wanted to be focused on, then it may have worked better. Just my 2 cents.

Best advice I can give is to not use selective coloring.

I'd also get down more to the level of the car.aube find a pathway with greenery behind u can blurr out( shallow depth of field)

I'd also get down more to the level of the car.aube find a pathway with greenery behind u can blurr out( shallow depth of field)

Well there was a parking lot behind, if fact I had to edit some of it out of the photo

I think it a great idea. A fun shot. :)

As for critigue... I think it might have been better if you had left a bit more space at the top so the subject could have been centered in the frame... Now that being said... you can always crop to an irregular aspect ratio to give a similar effect...

With the original image cropped at a 1.25:1 ratio... I came up with this...

d3.jpg

Just a thought...

not a fan of selective color in here for the reasons mentioned in this thread.

I find the composition offputting. The concrete corner in the center of the frame is a bit distracting. Bus_Rider's crop helps draw the eye to the subject a bit, but the pavement is still a problem, I think.

I think it a great idea. A fun shot. :)

As for critigue... I think it might have been better if you had left a bit more space at the top so the subject could have been centered in the frame... Now that being said... you can always crop to an irregular aspect ratio to give a similar effect...

With the original image cropped at a 1.25:1 ratio... I came up with this...

Just a thought...

Thanks I really liked that!!!

Most reactions

Back