C&C please

gaetanphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for some C&C. Took these last year but just came across them last night when I was looking back at some pictures. Would like to know what could be done to improve them.

Thanks in advance!

4811821443_d5f9b3d5e6.jpg

4812449312_8655eba13d.jpg

#2 has some nice lines goin on which forces you to move throughout the image right to the focal point of the lighthouse.

What time of day is this? there doesn't seem to be a lot of light play. Wait for a break in the clouds to provide some light, drama and contrast. The dock in pic 2 creates a triangle that leads the viewer's eye off the bottom left. You want to use lines that will help lead to your subject: the lighthouse.

What time of day is this? there doesn't seem to be a lot of light play. Wait for a break in the clouds to provide some light, drama and contrast. The dock in pic 2 creates a triangle that leads the viewer's eye off the bottom left. You want to use lines that will help lead to your subject: the lighthouse.

i might be too lenient on this but i think the dock still adds to the photo. at least for me after goin off the frame with the dock it led me straight to the horizon and to the lighthouse.

C&C per req:

1. This is a nice image, but a little under-exposed as is common with sunrise/sunset images. To really get the most of cloud formations such as these, I find that graduated neutral density filters are almost essential.

2. I'm not as fond of this one. I find it's zoomed out a little too and that the lighthouse which is the focal point is too small. Additionally, it needs to be levled.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

wow that was fast, thanks for the input so far. Yah I should crop the board walk out. I can not remember time but the sun was just about setting.

Most reactions

Back