C&C Please

Don

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lq1Z8.jpg

This is my wife, nine months pregnant and nearly ready to pop. We were on our way home from a gathering when we stopped by a Whole Foods to pick up a couple of things, when I noticed they had this nice rock formation on some manicured ground, so I decided to have a little impromptu portrait session with my wife.

This is my Rebel XS with the lens at f/5.6 for 1/250th of a second on ISO 200. I had my kit 17-55mm on the camera at 46mm. I used my speedlight on ETTL to lighten her up. I was in manual mode, metered off the grass. Camera was handheld. Looking back at the shot, I wish I had metered off the bright spot on her left arm, so it wouldn't be so hot, but I do like the way the overbright light plays in her hair. I did a little bit of contrast and color enhancement in post.

The photo is too bright and appears that the colors are a tad too saturated. The focus could have been better. Her forehead looks sharper than her hand. For this composure I would have gotten a little closer to her and used a smaller focal length and a larger f number. A larger f number would/could have made the background slight underexposed (with the correct flash settings) to make her "pop". A larger f number could have also helped to keep her left arm from being over exposed.

If you have the ability for off camera flash. Flash left would help.

A good focus point would be her eyes. But you couldn't focus on her eyes if all you see is her eye lids!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back