C&C Please?

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At my bother's sailing regatta, Cornish Hen, based out of Hamilton Harbor, Canada, I captured these photos. I would like to get some opinions the photos, so I know what I am doing right and wrong.

1)
4981421182_2b20428906_z.jpg

2)
4980814281_7c6a8e4762_z.jpg

3)
4980814039_8bcdbc79c5_z.jpg

4)
4981421372_66984ddea5_z.jpg

Looks like your composition is excellent. Beyond that, I don't really know what to say. They all look like they may be lacking in color, but I wouldn't know what to do to change that. I think #2 is your strongest.

Looks like your composition is excellent. Beyond that, I don't really know what to say. They all look like they may be lacking in color, but I wouldn't know what to do to change that. I think #2 is your strongest.

Thanks for the input. I know what you mean when you say they lack color. That just happened to be part of the weather and where I was. Out in the middle of Hamilton Harbor there was over cast (to a degree) and smog due to all of the heavy industry near by. All of that I think contributed to the grayness I think.

the lack of color is true, but i like the first one the most. I wish a shark was swimming by him lol

Agreed.
I like #2 the best :)

I prefer number 3 and 4.
I feel, there should have been a water line in number two.

As to number three and four. It looks like you have a habit of dropping on the left side of the camera.
This puts your level off which is why it appears to be slightly off , tipped to the left which makes the far off tree line and the barge appear dropped on the right side.

If the tree line could go into infinity in the image......it would be higher on the left than the right side.
This has to be closely watched from here on because it is a habit.
Now that you're aware, you can take counter measures.

How do I know?
I've been there.

What do you mean by "dropping on the left side of the image"?

When you hand hold and drop on the left or right side.........the final image shows it oppositely.

For instance. If you drop on the left side of the camera while shooting hand held, the final image will appear to be dropped on the right side.
The horizon, treeline or what have you will be lower on the right side of the image and higher on the left.

Conversely......the opposite is true if you had dropped on your right side.
The left side of the image would be higher.

It's a hand held leveling problem.
In most cases it's a habit.

I used to have the habit.
Being level is important in images like this.

In your case it may not be a habit.
I look at image number 1 and it's not there.

Ahhh i see what you mean now. Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Back