C&C please!

Wfpinky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A rare occurrence is happening in North Texas: snow!
I've never shot in the show and my golden doodle pup has discovered how much she loves it. Sounds like a win-win, right? Personally I don't think these are that great, but I tend to think that about all of my shots honestly. So I'd like some un-bias feedback.
Also, I used a program called "Topaz Restyle" on one of these shots (I believe it's the last one) and it's the first time I've used it. So definitely tell me what you think. And if anyone else uses this program can you tell me your thoughts on it? Because I'm not too sure about it at the moment. Thanks!

dsc_1328.jpg

dsc_1342.jpg

dsc_1322.jpg

rsz_dsc_1342-edit.jpg

I like the first one, though I'd probably crop a little more off the top. I love the light on the dog's face and eyes. I find the beige blob in the top of the frame a little distracting. I also feel like the white balance is a tiny bit cold. I'd also probably dodge the eyes a bit.

2nd is I think the weakest of the bunch. The crop seems really awkward and there's no light in the dog's eyes. It seems crooked and the slide is distracting. It also strikes me as "rule of thirds for the sake of rule of thirds" and creates an unbalanced image.

3rd is okay. Not sure why there's so much space in the top of the frame, yet the dog's feet and but are cut off. I like the dog's expression though.

Not a big fan of the processing on the last one. Bokeh seems weird after the processing, though I can't quite place my finger on it. The purplish tint is kind of ugly. The snow lost all of its detail.

Cute pup, though I'm not big on the styling on the last one. I do wish she had a but more light reflected into her eyes, but that's just me.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm on the fence about the last one, as I said it's the first time I've used that program. I could add more light to her eyes through LR or PS, right?

I like the first one, though I'd probably crop a little more off the top. I love the light on the dog's face and eyes. I find the beige blob in the top of the frame a little distracting. I also feel like the white balance is a tiny bit cold. I'd also probably dodge the eyes a bit.

2nd is I think the weakest of the bunch. The crop seems really awkward and there's no light in the dog's eyes. It seems crooked and the slide is distracting. It also strikes me as "rule of thirds for the sake of rule of thirds" and creates an unbalanced image.

3rd is okay. Not sure why there's so much space in the top of the frame, yet the dog's feet and but are cut off. I like the dog's expression though.

Not a big fan of the processing on the last one. Bokeh seems weird after the processing, though I can't quite place my finger on it. The purplish tint is kind of ugly. The snow lost all of its detail.

Thanks for the feedback! The purple tint...that's what was bothering me! I couldn't put my finger on it but once you said that it clicked. That one is definitely going back to the digital darkroom today. As far as the second one, really good point about the eyes. I'm bad about sticking to the rule of thirds, something I really need to work on I know. I'll try to straighten it (good eye!) and see how it turns out. I really do love her expression in the last one, hopefully I can fit the edit.

Haha and the 3rd one, the crop does bother me a bit. But I was practically standing on my head for that one so for me it was a "take what you can get" moment.

I like the first one the best. I feel the crops are all off in these photos. Cute puppy and great colors! I wish for the second one, you got lower and captured the whole body.

I like the first one the best. I feel the crops are all off in these photos. Cute puppy and great colors! I wish for the second one, you got lower and captured the whole body.

Thank you! I wish I could have gotten lower in the second one as well, it was hard enough to get as low as I did!

I know with dogs its hard because they just aren't statues lol...But decent job with what you had to work with :)

You could even crop the third one landscape... I enhanced the eyes and added some to the right side for more rule of thirds view

dsc_1322 copy by heather.koch43, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back