C&C - Portrait

ohiangel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys just throwing up another shot.

All natural light with a "lowering" sun behind him.
All constructive criticism and comments are welcomed.

juanita5of1.jpg

I think it's a pretty decent portrait. I wish the background was a bit more interesting. It's kind of cluttered back there. Nice job shooting into the sun without getting any sun flares!

Just curious as to what your EXIF data is? It seems his right front shirt pocket is more in focus than his eyes are. Were you using a really large aperature?

I think it's a pretty decent portrait. I wish the background was a bit more interesting. It's kind of cluttered back there. Nice job shooting into the sun without getting any sun flares!

Just curious as to what your EXIF data is? It seems his right front shirt pocket is more in focus than his eyes are. Were you using a really large aperature?

Thanks. I've been pretty lucky with lens flare lately :D
Focal Length: 45mm
ISO: 200
f5.6 @ 1/60

Thanks. I've been pretty lucky with lens flare lately :D
Focal Length: 45mm
ISO: 200
f5.6 @ 1/60

Hmm... Aperature should create a large enough DOF to bring the eyes sharp. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's camera shake. 1/60 is a doable handheld speed if you're shooting with a kit lens.

The placement of his arms looks a bit odd...almost looks like he is taking a pee or something.

Distracting background, lack of focus on the eyes have already been touched upon

I think it's pretty good. Surprised actually that you managed to get enough light on his face without a flash of some sort.

I think it's pretty good. Surprised actually that you managed to get enough light on his face without a flash of some sort.

Yah it was still pretty bright outside, it would of been a lot better with my friends AB800, but these were just for fun anyway, so i didn't bother.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Ill figure out how I messed up that focus thing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back