C&C - Quebec City

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by cyc, Dec 31, 2009.

1. cyc

cyc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I went to Quebec City and took some pics. I was in a park and everything's very bright. Many of the pics had the subject underexposed and I had to use Lightroom to adjust it a bit. My question is, what/where do I meter in these situations?

Also, some C&C is appreciated. :blushing:

Thanks in advance,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DevilDogge

DevilDogge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like 1 the best. I think shooting into the sun with tons of snow cover causes some super high dynamic range problems, as seen especially in your bottom 3. How to get around it? I'm not sure, but maybe someone will chime in. Also, 3 seems to be very crooked.. try rotating and cropping to give it a not so drunk look. Also, larger images with numbers will make it easier to critique.

3. syphlix

syphlix TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    cpl solutions.

for something like photo 1, a grad nd filter could help

w/out that, i would prob try to expose as light as possible w/out clipping the whites in the clouds, cuz it looks like a nice sky (and you can bring it down in post if you don't clip too much)

prob w that is it might leave the foreground too dark, and when u bring that up in post if it's too dark it will introduce a lot of noise...

can also expose the foreground a little higher, but you risk losing some of the sky... but if you don't think it's that important than why not?

other than that, shoot in raw... captures more info that would be clipped in a jpg and can help you bring in the shadows/highlights... or frame it so you have no sky... etc etc

4. syphlix

syphlix TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    watch your horizon lines also... 3 & 4 are noticably crooked... and i think your lens is curving the whole thing...

5. jsoeung

jsoeung TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm really feelin' that second one. Nice