C&C Rant and Rave

CanadianMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am just curious, I had posted two photos looking to get some feedback and both were on here for at least two days or more and not a single comment or feedback, critique or even a "they suck" opinion. I never expect them to looked at in in some unreasonable time like 20 minutes or 24 hours. I never received any comments. I usually don't post my photos and I am bit unsure of what I need to improve and shy when it comes to my work. They both had over 40 views.

Since then I have removed both images and I won't be posting any images again. It is disappointing to those of us who are novices and we seek some advice and then are totally ignored about our work, but not our questions. Since joining this forum if I see someone wanting an opinion and no one answers I go out of my way to give an opinion. I like the forum for information but outside the one my daughter took of me taking a photo it will be the last time I post an image here and it was not my work so ....

My work is very amateurish to say the least and I know it but at least one member could have said anything, maybe I just rub the members wrong. Just had to rant and vent. I even change it to where my photos could be edited, but changed it back, like it will matter at this point anyway. As I said I like the forum but just was disappointed. I know the forum gets very busy but when the newer members try to participate and then we are ignored it just feels like a waste of time posting our work. Not trying to be a jerk but why bother if people have nothing to say about your efforts.

ALL my questions are answered and I could never thank the members here enough for that, and the help has been fabulous to say the least.

Some times it just takes some time for anyone to gather up the balls and point out flaws and what not. I have had pictures clear the seventies in view counts before commented on. Some times it just takes a bump to get things started too.

Check your PM's I'll be sending one right directly.

Don't worry about it.
When I could be bothered to post pictures I rarely got comments.
But the last time I got one it was some jerkwad telling me the exposure was wrong and waving a histogram around.
I would sooner people said nothing if the alternative is for them to prove they know nothing. :lol:

Thanks, got your PM. Appreciate it. I agree, ran an Art Gallery for a time, I left me and the owner has vastly different taste on what constituted good art, of course I was right lmaoooo .

Well, to tell you this: I often go out of my way and spend time in the galleries' pages 3 or so, looking for 0-replies-submissions and give them a reply, and after that they get reply after reply. But I cannot, just CAN NOT do that every day. So it happens I overlook 0-reply posts. Yours are among them. I don't remember ever having seen any of your photo posts. If I had, I would have spoken, I am sure.

Don't let your disappointment in the reply pattern get you down. It has NOTHING to do with newbie-ness or long-standing-membership. Nothing at all. Look at my post count. Consider the fact that I am forum mod. Yet, even I can go through the same frustration you have just gone through with photo submissions of mine on here. Sometimes the TIME is just wrong. You happen to post when many are around and post THEIR work and before you know it, your post fell down to Page 2. This forum is BUSY!

Now that I go back and look I have eleven 0 reply image threads, Most of them are in Snaps and bloopers, that's prolly why they did not get bumped.

S&B - 7
Gen gallery - 2
Land&nature - 1
Creative Corner - 1

That's not including the ones I bumped that remained unreplied to....I'm too lazy to look for those ;)

Do keep posting - It seems to bear no relation to what you consider is a favourite of yours - as said above it can get no replies and another you have put up for fun seems to catch the imagination of others. Remember that posts seem to come in bursts and they can soon slip off the page and many of those viewing could be guests.

I know I miss some also, I am just surprised with the number of people here someone would comment. Just was surprised thats all. Not a big deal just felt like commenting, not just for me but for others. It is a large forum with lots of members, it only takes a minute to comment. Just wish more were like those who replied. To me its just being polite and courteous.

That is another important aspect, thanks for pointing that out, Fangman: you can never tell who it was that came to view your thread. It may very well have mostly been unregistered guests to the forums, since these forums can be looked at by just about ANYONE, but only members can write replies.

Good Point. Never thought of that.

I know I miss some also, I am just surprised with the number of people here someone would comment. Just was surprised thats all. Not a big deal just felt like commenting, not just for me but for others. It is a large forum with lots of members, it only takes a minute to comment. Just wish more were like those who replied. To me its just being polite and courteous.

I know I miss a lot of images around here, Truth be told I am one of those who dislikes throwing around minime posts saying "cool" "I like it" and the like but I also have a herd time about bringing up some issues I see as well. Some times I do some times I don't some times I wait for some one else to say something and then reiterate it if I can because I can be an asshole from time to time and I don't want to come up and start with something seriously wrong and have the rest of the replies follow suit.

What burns me is spending hours on a post and having it get a couple comments and then disregarded as a meaningless debate starter :madmad:

I have just visited your link and like you eye for a picture and matching captions. Some i would certainly have commented on. You have joined a group of Toronto members and it was interesting to see a different eye on some of the local scenes. There is something about old metal - rusting would be good Club Competition fodder over here!

I know I miss a lot of images around here, Truth be told I am one of those who dislikes throwing around minime posts saying "cool" "I like it" and the like but I also have a herd time about bringing up some issues I see as well. Some times I do some times I don't some times I wait for some one else to say something and then reiterate it if I can because I can be an asshole from time to time and I don't want to come up and start with something seriously wrong and have the rest of the replies follow suit.

What burns me is spending hours on a post and having it get a couple comments and then disregarded as a meaningless debate starter :madmad:

Yea I get it, I can be an arrogant asshole at times lol, and I do get trying to come up with new things to comment after a while.

So, now that it has all been discussed, off you go to comment (nicely) on my newest photo thread. OK?
Shoo-shoo, you two (three) ... everyone! ;)

I have just visited your link and like you eye for a picture and matching captions. Some i would certainly have commented on. You have joined a group of Toronto members and it was interesting to see a different eye on some of the local scenes. There is something about old metal - rusting would be good Club Competition fodder over here!

Thanks. Just new to the digital and colour photography so a bit unsure. I loved B&W film but it just seemed like different medium in some very odd way.

Most reactions

Back