C&C Seilebost, South Harris on a Rainy Day

Tim Tucker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my attempt to capture a quite beautiful scene. It is Seilebost Beech on South Harris in the Outer Hebrides. There was a veil of light but persistent rain, yet the colours on the beach were more consistent with much brighter light. I loved the way the colours faded to pastel.

I was never happy with my initial attempts with this file, but as I have refined my techniques and learned a few things since then I've decided to re-visit it.

Honest opinions, was it worth the effort?

Last edited:
No comments? That mundane...

Lovely colors! Just gorgeous! I like the processing, too!

That said, I do think the image is lacking a specific subject. My eyes gets pulled from one side to the other.

Lovely colors! Just gorgeous! I like the processing, too!

That said, I do think the image is lacking a specific subject. My eyes gets pulled from one side to the other.

Thanks, although the rocks and seaweed in the lower left is the kick-off point for a spiral, I find it a little messy and distracting.

I love the pastels. Agree that the composition doesn't quite anchor it enough. Maybe cropping the right 1/3rd so that you hit the left rocks, then spiral out with the waves into the top, without getting broken up by the second set of rocks on the right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back