C&C Sunset shots please.

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please give me input here. Don't laugh at me! its only my second time actually attempting to shoot a sunset. I feel better about this set than my previous one but still not 100% satisfied.

I was on a floating dock. yes, I know, but it's the best position I could get to before the sun went down.

Please C&C! :confused:

4277869986_9ba9cbfa45_b.jpg

4277869412_28b22aa16b_b.jpg

4277868964_fcecda7d1a_b.jpg

4277122581_c2305c63b0_b.jpg

4277122247_5132a7821b_b.jpg

I think you did pretty goo, honestly.

#1 - I like this, but I'd like to see the Clam facing the other way.

#2 - I like the composition, but the boat is a big distraction IMO.

#3 - It needs a bit more contrast and straitening the horizon.

#4 - I like the pastel colors. Excellent composition.

#5 - I like the composition, but I prefer a cooler WB.

I think you did pretty goo, honestly.

#1 - I like this, but I'd like to see the Clam facing the other way.

#2 - I like the composition, but the boat is a big distraction IMO.

#3 - It needs a bit more contrast and straitening the horizon.

#4 - I like the pastel colors. Excellent composition.

#5 - I like the composition, but I prefer a cooler WB.

thank you sir.

1. yea, now i see it... it looks better like in the second one

2. i wanted to try it, i like it, but i see what ur saying :(

3. ill play with it, i noticed the horizon after... noob mistake

4. thanks! i like this one

5. thanks a lot. i like the warm in this one personally. i like a cooler WB myself, but it was very very warm colored out at this time of the sunset. very orange :D

The more I look at your last two, I really do like BOTH! Great job though! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: - for each photo. :mrgreen:

To add to the above post: the white balance of your first two photos is off (you could like it this way, but I suspect the photo would look much nicer if the clamshell wasn't quite so blue).

Oh, btw, I disagree with his number one. I like the clamshell opening to the edge. It's adds a bit of tension. I also like the curve of the clamshell leading into the purple bokeh.

^ its slightly off but not much. i like the cooler affect here. the clam is actually a grey-ish blue tint to it. and the sky at this time added to it. then a little PP to make the purple pop. thanks though!

Oh, btw, I disagree with his number one. I like the clamshell opening to the edge. It's adds a bit of tension. I also like the curve of the clamshell leading into the purple bokeh.

Thank you! and thanks for your input! ill make some re-edits with some warmer first two for fun :mrgreen:

LOL!!! I look at this as a bird or wildlife. The open clam looks like a bird's beak! :lol:

LOL!!! I look at this as a bird or wildlife. The open clam looks like a bird's beak! :lol:

i understand both of you guys points, but I agree w. you here. I wish I'd had paid more attn to that, but oh well. :thumbup:

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back