Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by er111a, Feb 3, 2010.
Give it some time, it has not even been an hour
I really like #5 for some reason.
1. I understand what you were trying to do with contrast in the trees compared to the ground and the sky, which you were sucessful. However, the branches and the trees on the left are distracting, same thing with the right hand side.
2. This is a good shot, I just dont like how the dogs face is in shadow I WANT TO SEE HIS CUTE FACE WITH THE SNOW!!!! Also that single random bush on right takes focus off the dog.
3. I like the DOF in this one and there is nothing really horribly distracting. Except, I dont like how you over lapped the bottom of the wind thingy with the dock, they should have space between them.
4. Once again, the top of the tree has beautiful contrast in the sky, however the whole bottom half of the frame is distracting with many unwanted trees and kills the top half of the frame.
5. Great composition, the shadow of the tree is in the perfect spot and there is nothing distracting at all. However, the contrast between the sky and the tree is very weak.
6. Its a nice pattern and a good shot but its a little cliche for my taste.
7. Good use of DOF, and the holes are pretty interesting but I feel that the bottom half of the frame does not really do anything and is distracting to the viewer.
#'s 5, 6, 7 all the otheres look like snapshots. 5 I like bacause of the rule of thirds and the look of the horizon. 6 is pleasing to the eye (atleast mine) despite the chaos going on and has good light depicted on the subject (whatever it may be). 7 I like but would be better with a shallow depth of field.
These are just my opinions, and should by no means be taken seriously. :raisedbrow:
On picture #2, it looks like it was a bright sunny day judging by the shadow but the picture (particularly the snow) looks dull. Is it just my monitor or did you tone down the brightness a lot in PP or what?
Does snow glare cause problems with metering?
Visual overload. Post only a few at a time if you want better c&c.
It shouldnt, but its hard to meter snow when the sun is high in the sky on a clear day (its so damn bright).
thank you any other C&C's?
as do I
im surprised no one said anything bout the bubble shot
Separate names with a comma.