Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, let me know what you think.
DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Is the wider angle or close up more appealing? (No. 3 & 4)

Last edited:
Typically if you come right out and say something depreciating you won't get a single comment because people figure "well, if he says it's meh, far be it for me to disagree with him". (just fyi)

The image has both composition and technical issues, but the technical issues are a lot easier, so le't start there.

- Your color balance is off. The entire shot is very green. This could be just you needing to adjust things differently, your monitor may need color correction with a device like a Spyder, or both. I would actually bet it's more of the former.
- The whole shot is out of focus. Neither the tree nor the background elements are focused.
- The horizon level is unclear to me. It seems to me that the camera is tilted, but it's hard to be sure since the horizon looks flat. Picnic benches aren't usually at angles like that, but I dunno...

Aside from that, the composition itself doesn't seem to be overly interesting. There IS some interest in what is going on in the tree bark there, so it's possible if the focus was better it would be intriguing, but generally I've found this kind of shot to not be that appealing. Toss a person in there posing with the tree and you likely have a winner, but the tree itself may not make the shot.

I hope this helps. Keep at it and congrats on the upcoming D300.

Typically if you come right out and say something depreciating you won't get a single comment because people figure "well, if he says it's meh, far be it for me to disagree with him". (just fyi)

The image has both composition and technical issues, but the technical issues are a lot easier, so le't start there.

- Your color balance is off. The entire shot is very green. This could be just you needing to adjust things differently, your monitor may need color correction with a device like a Spyder, or both. I would actually bet it's more of the former.
- The whole shot is out of focus. Neither the tree nor the background elements are focused.
- The horizon level is unclear to me. It seems to me that the camera is tilted, but it's hard to be sure since the horizon looks flat. Picnic benches aren't usually at angles like that, but I dunno...

Aside from that, the composition itself doesn't seem to be overly interesting. There IS some interest in what is going on in the tree bark there, so it's possible if the focus was better it would be intriguing, but generally I've found this kind of shot to not be that appealing. Toss a person in there posing with the tree and you likely have a winner, but the tree itself may not make the shot.

I hope this helps. Keep at it and congrats on the upcoming D300.

Thanks, I added a few more. So when a tree, leaves, and grass are in a shot, how do you make it less green?

The tree looks in focus to me, but I purposefully blurred the background, which oddly enough was on an incline.

My assumption is you either made it too green in post processing or the camera was off in its interpretation. Using the color balance tool should fix it (or adjusting the temperature in RAW, if you happened to take them in raw).

My assumption is you either made it too green in post processing or the camera was off in its interpretation. Using the color balance tool should fix it (or adjusting the temperature in RAW, if you happened to take them in raw).

Yeah, I take everything in raw. I'll try to take down the tone in the tree but I think grass is meant to be green :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back