C&C Welcome

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a new statue in my town, I love it! I tried sharpening it a little in GIMP but couldn't do too much without making it look over exposed. It is a little overcast today so hopefully I can get a nice blue sky next time. Anyone know how to edit out the light posts?

(You have to click the bar to see the full image because for some reason when it shrinks it down it kills the pixels.)
DSC_0868.jpg

I tried an edit.

1jpg.jpg

I took out the bird in the middle left too.

Mark

Last edited:
How did you do that? Lol

Magic.

(probably just the clone tool in photoshop)

:) I don't have Photoshop so that does me no good. Lol. I tried using the clone tool in GIMP but it won't let me do it. (Nm, I fixed it :) Thanks~!)
I am trying to super impose some clouds and sky in the background but it's not working for me. I am not very good with the editting programs.

Last edited:
I wish I could see the base of the statue. Or can I?

You aren't allowed to go up on the grass by the statue. There was a police officer sitting right there too, didn't want to get arrested!

Is he going to be there forever?

Probably not but I won't be either. I am going to take a pic at night if it's lit up. May look neat. It's a high crime area on the main strip so they keep officers around. That statue is right outside of our main concert venue so there is always activity there

Is he going to be there forever?

Probably not but I won't be either. I am going to take a pic at night if it's lit up. May look neat. It's a high crime area on the main strip so they keep officers around. That statue is right outside of our main concert venue so there is always activity there

Hey man, for what it is worth, I'm a cop. Just tell them your doing freelance work for "Baltimore Today," "Expensive Abstract Art Monthly" or some other local rag, they'll probably let you up there to shoot it. They may even hang out and keep you from getting mugged!

My bad, I was looking at Markw's edit. Try "Manchester Today!"

I...want...that...statue. In my pocket. So that I can keep it with me always. It's that cool...

You could pretty easily composite the shot (to put nicer clouds in the background), if you're willing to put in the effort to learn how to use things like the lasso tool, eraser, layers, and masks. ;)

I...want...that...statue. In my pocket. So that I can keep it with me always. It's that cool...

You could pretty easily composite the shot (to put nicer clouds in the background), if you're willing to put in the effort to learn how to use things like the lasso tool, eraser, layers, and masks. ;)

I am familiar with all of those I just don't have the patience for it all! :)

I am going to head out again tomorrow right before sunset to see what I can get. I will try and try again!

If that doesn't work I will see if I can HDR the photo and hope that will give me better colors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back