C&C? :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so I edited this photo a little last night in PSE8... I was trying to do something else with it afterwards and ended up completely screwing it up, so I just sticking with this edit.

It was shot with a Canon XS, 18-55mm kit lens, ISO 800... I don't remember shutter speed or or aperture settings...

Other than the "noise"..... What do you think?

Original:
022-1.jpg

Edited:
022_edited-1.jpg

You focused on the mailbox, not your boys face, thats the biggest thing I see. Not sure if the XS as selective focus option.

I'm not sure if it does either, but I'll have my XSi sometime in the next week and I will actually be able to do what I want and read my manuals :)

Can't wait!

The mailbox is distracting... At first, I thought it was a composite image - didn't notice that the mailbox was actually a mailbox at first.

Check the exif to see your settings (right click and select properties).
They were: f/14, ISO 800, 1/1000th, 55mm - BTW.

I don't have an exif viewer at work :) Otherwise I would have :)

Thanks for posting them for me! :)

You should still be able to see it without a dedicated exif viewer. It should show up in the properties of the file. You may have to go to the 'details' tab, or whatever it is on your machine.

The image is severely under exposed and the composition isn't working in the little kid's favor.

Here is my try to get something out of this shot:

little_kid.jpg

The image is severely under exposed and the composition isn't working in the little kid's favor.

Here is my try to get something out of this shot:

little_kid.jpg

I was afraid to lighten it anymore because of the amount of noise that was already in it...

I was just waiting for someone to point out that it was underexposed...

This was one of the shots in my first real "trial run" with a dslr... This was the first time I took it outside...

I really appreciate the feedback and have gotten more via PM's...

My "focus" (no pun intended) next time I take some photos will be making sure I am focused on the right "thing", using a lower ISO (around 400), and (before I post for C&C) I make sure the picture doesn't look underexposed or anything :)

You have a cute little boy. I'm surprised your Mom doesn't give you a camera so she can have more pics of her grandson.

You have a cute little boy. I'm surprised your Mom doesn't give you a camera so she can have more pics of her grandson.

I know, right??!?!?!? LOL

I will have my camera this week as long as my credit card gets cleared tomorrow when they try to process it... It shouldn't be a problem, I made a huge payment on it Friday AM and that payment has cleared... So if all goes well with that, I will have my camera between Tues and Thurs... I will have the kit lens from my mom's camera (my dad doesn't like that, but it's my mom's and she doesn't need it since she got an 18-200mm lens that she's never going to use properly.. grr lol) and then once I get tax money in my account, I'm going to get my 50mm f/1.8 lens... And UV filters for each lens :) yay! Oh, and tripod and remote shutter release aren't too far behind ;)

[. . . I will have the kit lens from my mom's camera (my dad doesn't like that, but it's my mom's and she doesn't need it since she got an 18-200mm lens that she's never going to use properly.. grr lol)

I think your first pic should be of your Mom making a grrrrrrrrrr face.

lol.. you like my grr's don't you? :)

How about a pic of me with my "grr" face :) It will be my "Battle against mom" face :) Even better! :) LOL

I think you will be too excited once you get your new camera to make a grrr face. If you try it, the pose may look forced. Guess we will have to settle for an excited, I-finally-got-my-new-camera face. lol... now I can't wait for you to get your camera!!

lol you're a mess! I can't wait to get my camera either!

I will definitely be posting a couple "self-photos" after I get it... I am sure my parents will manage to say something to piss me off and as soon as they do I'll make a grr face and go take a picture!

Oh, hang on... I might have a hard time because I'll be laughing about the fact that I'm doing it for a reason lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back