C&C

Jay30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
dsc0037j.jpg

Jay, I like how the horizon is on the bottom third of the photo. I also like that you left room in front of the ship, giving it a place to go. It seems well exposed, but I'm in a location with a bad monitor right now.

It's an interesting shot, it's not stuck, is it?

I am wondering how a shorter focal length would look with the landscape leading up to the ship. Although, maybe that wuld be too boring and make the ship look lonely.

It's a crisp shot, well exposed, and has some interesting colors. I don't like the houses in the back nor the bland sky.

Also (perhaps this is more of a personal taste) I don't like the tight framing of the subject. I think it's because having the subject (the entire boat) almost fill the frame, almost mandates another sub-subject.... a specific part of the boat that captures the attention... maybe a silhouette standing on deck or what have you. The boat itself is interesting, especially with it being in an ice flow, but it's not really rewarding for me to keep looking at it. If you want the entire boat to be the subject, perhaps a wider angle would better suit it? Just an idea. You wouldn't happen to have a wider shot to compare would you?

Thanks for the comments guys. I need to get out more often.

myfotoguy. The boat was waiting for the other three ships. The ice jamming has been real bad this year.

bazooka. I'll look and see if I have a wider pic.

Most reactions

Back