C&C

AJake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSCF0216.jpg

I used the Auto setting for this on my Fujifilm finepix S1500 for this. And than I switched the color to Black and White from the camera settings. I wanted a kind of Dramatic/Beautiful look that you find in the best black and white photos. I don't think I quite achieved it, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Well, there are a lot of things wrong with this pic.

1. Blurry.
2. Soft.
3. Focal point is on the wrong side, you should have space where the ferret (?) is looking I would say. It is also very centered.
4. Top of the ferret is cut off
5. Lighting is very meh, try using daylight.
6. Hand is very distracting in this sort of position, try something different.

Just trying to help ;)

Hm, so what makes an image sharper. (I know, I know, complete idiot question)

Yes, this is a ferret(guessing thats what the "?" was for). This was my little female. She passed away not too long ago.

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate them. :)

OK, thanks. That actually makes sense. haha

Also you mentioned what you find in the best b&w shots. A good b&w is just that... black and white, not tones of grey, remember that and it will help get what you want.

Awesome. Thanks a lot. I've only been on this site for a short time, but I'm already getting a wealth of knowledge.

Yeah, I wish I had came across this site when I started, I spent about 2 years learning on my own, which I kind of preferred, but it would have been nice to have some assistance. Good luck, post up some more shots, and look at alot of posts and read the comments.

I have more shots posted in the thread titled "What ya think?" I'll admit, its kind of embarrassing to me to post some of these on here, but I had finally had it. I decided because I had nice camera i was bound to learn. I need to reread my Camera's manual though because I keep getting read warning letters and I'm not sure why. :/

Most reactions

Back