c&c?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture of my daughter today in my studio. I'm trying to perfect my lighting techniques, and I think I'm getting it. c&c anyone? If you notice something off, could you give your suggestions on what do to differently?

EVE_4848a.jpg

I like it. The colors are very nice and the focus is right on. The only suggestion I would have is maybe fixing the dark circles under your daughters eyes and in the corner of her mouth. They seem to really pop out at me.

I dig it. I agree that the circles under her eyes should be taken care of. Other than that, I can't really say anything bad about it at all. Focus seems to be spot on, and overall it's a good portrait. Good job.

I just updated the picture to fix the dark circles and mouth...does that look better?

Lol- I did a quick edit to touch on the things the other folks mentioned and you had already changed the original. The only other thing I noticed is a weird color cast near the bridge of her nose and cheekbones where the highlights are. Maybe a tad over exposed in those areas? Here is the edit anyway...

EVE_4848a.jpg

Last edited:
transformed, I really like your edit! Did you just add more contrast to the whole thing to make it pop more or did you use a special filter?

PS... I see we are neighbors. I am up in Westminster. :)

I like the original better. The eyes appear unnaturally white, and overall the pic appears desaturated.

I like the original better. The eyes appear unnaturally white, and overall the pic appears desaturated.

You're right about the eyes, it comes across as being edited. The circles under the eyes were taken care of nicely, but the whites of her eyes look unnatural. I almost like the first one better, even with the darkness under her eyes.

I like how you took out the second catchlight on her left eye. the edit seems undersaturated. i think that a little dodgeing and burning is all that needs to be done to the origional

Most reactions

Back