C & C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by RobContreras, Mar 30, 2010.

1. RobContreras

RobContreras TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Went on a little trip to the beach and i took a few shots...
    Shot 1 and 2 I like b&w shots and more on the beach, and for some reason i was drawn to take those two with the logs.

On shot 3 and 4 I really liked the reflection of the sunset on the water

Shot 1

[​IMG]

Shot 2

[​IMG]

Shot 3

[​IMG]

Shot 4

[​IMG]

2. timfrommass

timfrommass TPF Noob!

Love the first and fourth shots! Great lines on the first one, love the angle, and I'm really digging the b&w choice.

The fourth is awesome! The exposure is great, you got the reflection on the water perfect, and I like the people just at the edge of the frame. It's a lot more pleasing in portrait instead of the landscape you chose for the third one. It really focusses the line from the sun through the water. Great shot!

-tim

3. PhotographyPool

PhotographyPool TPF Noob!

Nice shots, could be improved, keep your horizons straight, but a good start.

4. white

white TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    In #1 more than half the frame is flat, empty space. I think you squandered a good subject -- the lines, textures, and shapes on the log could have been really interesting if shot better. Getting so close to the ground for this one seems pointless; there's nothing in the sky. Now if there were thick storm clouds moving in, that's another story ...

Also, putting the horizon in the middle was probably not a good choice. It takes attention away from the subject. Try putting it in the top third next time. And get a better perspective on the log. Use it as a way into the photograph (i.e., a leading line). Also try using a wide-angle lens if you got one. It is useful in distorting the size of nearby objects.

And fill the frame with your subject.

5. RobContreras

RobContreras TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i didn't know the horizon was so important, i'll be paying close attention to it from now on, thanks for all the tips and about the wide angle lens, i'm actually using a point and shoot haha can't afford a DSLR yet but i'm getting close.

6. er111a

er111a TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    when I first saw 1 it looked like a whale lol as well as that I like number 3 very nice

7. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hello Rob

1. I think there is too much 'extracirricular' activity in this shot. The junk in the backround to the left of the driftwood is distracting. Also there is too much sky, crop a little out.Your horizon is almost dead center vertically. Maybe add some contrast to the shot.

2. does not work

3. The third shot may work better if you crop the left side of the shot, eliminating the peopl and keeping somewhat tight to the sunset...forcing the shot to become a portrait shot.

4. I like this shot, just a little cropping off of the top/sky, drawing more attention to the beach and reflection.

It may sound like I am beating you up on these shots, I am not. Remember this is simply one person's opinion...

8. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Rob your shots are proof that it is not the camera, it is the photographer. You did a good job with the P&S.
    While you are shooting, think of the composition, lighting and other things mentioned. Pay attention to other things that may distract from the viewers attention of why you took the shot - like the junk in one of your shots...sometimes even people will distract from the shot.