Cabin on the Flats

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first HDR that went smooth as far as running through the steps and not having to stick my fingers in my face and wonder "Why oh why can't I do this?"

600-cabin.jpg

Now I need to figure out, when I need to, and how to do it right to the best advantage.

Any comments and critique are appreciated.

looks like the HDR really brought out the detail on the shady side of the trees... this shot reminds me of northern az, i bet it's beautiful up there right now... it's just starting to cool off around here finally.

It has been cooling off around here. Looking forward to some frost to start changing leaves on oak trees.

This one is so sharp now, it looks like a colour pencil drawing ... I used to find that effect in KenCo's HDRs too ... extreme sharpness and detail! Also I now find this one a bit too bright for being a photo taken in the woods. I would go darken it a bit ... but that is just me.

Here's the same photo, darker.
600-2-cabin.jpg

Maybe I went too dark?

This next one is the original, overexposed (darker?) shot I used in the image.
600-l-5902.jpg

Maybe I'm too light in all my shots, if this is the darkest one?

I have a lot of problems shooting in the mountains on the ridges and flats. The colors come out too 'cartoonish.' The mountains just sort of stick out in the sun. For years I figured it was the camera being set to automatic (everything, point and shoot). Doing my own settings according to the light meter inside the camera things still come out the same.

Here's the mountains I'm doing battle with;
600x6184.jpg

The one in particular, with the flats is to the right. Here's a detail from the above photo;
x6184.jpg

The flats are on the little flat-top mountain (Table Mountain). So sunny up there. Maybe I need to work with a neutral density filter?- find another mountain to pick on?

Thanks. I thought it might be too bright. Just looking to see if I could get away with it.

Most reactions

Back