Cable release and a Hasselblad 500c (Basically a will-this-one-work thread)

I have google some Hassy reviews and it seems as though they all have a standard shutter release socket so it should work in a pinch. And the longer the better. If you move your hand 10 inches from the camera the results are much more noticeable than from a meter away.

I think 40inches might be a little cumbersome, so I'll meet in the middle and get a 20 inch I think.

Thanks for your help, Chris.

20" is a good length for a cable release - it doesn't need to be any longer, and it's not a bad idea to keep the weight of them down so they don't pull on the attachment. I'd be inclined to go for a better quality one - one that has better anti-kink protection at the camera end. It's one of those things that if you buy a good one to begin with you may not have to buy another.

I think that it is worth considering one of the self locking ones. They make it easy to use the B setting for long exposures, if you don't have a T setting. The downside is that they sometimes lock when you don't expect them to, because the collar has been moved into the locking position inadvertently.

Best,
Helen

Thanks Hellen. I actually just stopped by the camera store and they pulled out one from their "crap" cabinet (Their words, not mine). I got it for free. It's 20 inches and locking, so I'll see how this one works out and if I feel I need to upgrade.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back