CACTUS V4

I've ordered from them before...no problems.

I have a couple sets of Cactus triggers (older versions than the v4). They do work and for the price, it's hard to complain. However, I found that mine didn't work all the time and I needed something better, which is why I upgraded to the Cyber Cinc system from Paul Buff (Alien Bee).

So if you just want to start getting into off camera flash and do some experimenting and playing around, then go for it. If you are wanting them for professional work, get something better.

Thanks again! Its definitely not for professional work , its so I can get a feel for of camera flash. So as far as shipping there was no issue from Hong Kong?

It's didn't arrive overnight (not that I choose overnight shipping ;) )...but there were no issues with shipping from Hong Kong.
Gadget Infinity is a fairly popular supplier...mostly because of these Cactus triggers. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

I believe Gadget Infinity is the company who make them. So get it directly from them is fine. And MPEX is one of their distributor in North America.

when they say 10-15 working days they really mean 10-15 working days. it is not a quick delivery coming via post.

Well, I mean with a camera the has wireless flash command, is this used solely for the purpose of extending the capable range of the flash?

Mark

I must be missing the purpose of these..how exactly do they work?

Mark

Well, I mean with a camera the has wireless flash command, is this used solely for the purpose of extending the capable range of the flash?

Mark

well for one wireless flash command only works with certain expensive flashes. these will work with a lot of popular and inexpensive flashes. one common one is the vivitar 285, which is generally $85 or so. 2 of those + the cactus + an extra receiver unit is about the price the cheapest flash that will work with the commander.

So, with my D90, and SB-600 (yet to come..), what would be the advantages of looking more into these? The fact that I could use multiple flashes and at a longet distance?

Mark

its def. worth a thought imo. now that you have an SB600 you have one that will work with the camera's i-TTL. the rest of your flashes don't need to have the capability so you can get cheaper older models that work great but aren't compatible with your camera, like the vivitar or older Nikon models like the SB-24, SB-26, SB-28, etc. so one benefit to you (and others) is opening the window for more and cheaper options for your second, third, etc. flash.

I ordered V4's from them and have been nothing but happy. I have fired off countless shots and not had a single misfire that couldn't be explained by something else (flash recycle time, etc.) I haven't fully tested their range because I don't see myself firing a flash from 300 ft away. For the price they can't be beat as an intro to strobism. Here's a more comprehensive review from this site:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...cts-news-reviews/167142-cactus-v4-review.html

I use the V4's and I love em. I have not had a misfire so far and they work over a pretty long distance.

Most reactions

Back