Cadillac Mtn - Acadia National Park - Maine

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend in Acadia NP we drove up Cadillac several times to watch the sunset and once for the sunrise. Sunset was beautiful. Sunrise was challenging. It's cold up there at 4am!! And windy. Saw 2 different tripods blow over with cameras on them (one was a video camera and the other a dslr). There was a collective groan from the photographers in the crowd on impact. Lots of people up there all bundled up and prepared for the weather and quite a few who were not - the "flip flop crowd" as my hiker brother likes to call them. Being a flip flopper myself, especially on vacation, I was glad that we had been warned and knew what to wear. Even in winter coat and gloves it was still chilly. ..

These are a few favorites. Not as many keepers as I would have liked to have but since it was so windy and I didn't dare use my tripod, I was happy to get a few that weren't too blurry. Comments and feedback always welcome!

Cadillac Mtn by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Cadillac Sunrise by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Cadillac Flare by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Love by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Cadillac Tree by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Cadillac Haze by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Nice set! Im heading up there next Wednesday on a motorcycle trip. The two other trips I've made up to Arcadia you couldn't see the ocean from the beach it was so foggy.

Nice set! Im heading up there next Wednesday on a motorcycle trip. The two other trips I've made up to Arcadia you couldn't see the ocean from the beach it was so foggy.

Enjoy! I hope you get the perfect weather that we had. There was some rain predicted but it never happened where we were. It was clear and sunny and most importantly not humid! I may have to buy a place up there for summers when I retire.

Most reactions

Back