Caffeine...

nice series, alex, i love the perspective on 1 & 3... :thumbup:

pursuer said:
Great series, The only thing it is missing is you taking a drink in the last shot :)
i remembered having this old snapshot a friend of mine shot... :lol:

...converted to b&w and cropped. of course. I can barely leave a photo untouched.
coffeeme.jpg

:D
thx Darin and Jason!

...actually i feel bad. I made it turkish and had it irish. but i know this is gonna generate a tonn of spam and we don't want that, do we. so ignore this.

*slaps darin on both cheeks*
how's the recovery going? :er:

(irish coffee is plain coffee with Bailey's (irish cream))

Irish coffee over here is black coffee with Irish whisky in it and a layer of cream floated on the top. :) There's a knack to getting the cream to stay on the top and not sink down.

I like the snapshot of you drinking the coffee :D Nice crop :thumbup:

puzzle said:
Irish coffee over here is black coffee with Irish whisky in it and a layer of cream floated on the top. :) There's a knack to getting the cream to stay on the top and not sink down.

I like the snapshot of you drinking the coffee :D Nice crop :thumbup:
ok, spill it. what's the trick for the cream? :D

Rob said:
Great shots, especially the first one!!

Rob
thank you :mrgreen:

This is the original Irish coffee recipe, invented by Joe Sheridan in 1942:

In a prewarmed glass (the sort you use for mulled wine, or hot toddies) add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, then add a measure of Irish whiskey (btw, Irish whiskey is spelt with the e, Scottish whisky is spelt without :) ). Stir till the sugar is dissolved, then add really hot, strong black coffee to about 1 cm of the rim. Pour double cream so that it floats on top, then drink the coffee through the cream without stirring.

My friend used to waitress in a posh restaurant and she taught me how to hold a teaspoon upside down just over the surface of the coffee and then pour the cream gently onto the spoon so that it slips from there onto the coffee. But, you can cheat and lightly whip the cream so that it is lighter and sits on top easier.

Works really well instead of regular coffee and mints after a meal :)

nice series alex!
love the fourth... lovely tones :)

puzzle said:
This is the original Irish coffee recipe, invented by Joe Sheridan in 1942:

In a prewarmed glass (the sort you use for mulled wine, or hot toddies) add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, then add a measure of Irish whiskey (btw, Irish whiskey is spelt with the e, Scottish whisky is spelt without :) ). Stir till the sugar is dissolved, then add really hot, strong black coffee to about 1 cm of the rim. Pour double cream so that it floats on top, then drink the coffee through the cream without stirring.

My friend used to waitress in a posh restaurant and she taught me how to hold a teaspoon upside down just over the surface of the coffee and then pour the cream gently onto the spoon so that it slips from there onto the coffee. But, you can cheat and lightly whip the cream so that it is lighter and sits on top easier.

Works really well instead of regular coffee and mints after a meal :)
:drool:
thanks!
Can't wait to try it...

missed this one.

you captured the process well in you shots (#3 ;) ) and the b&w tones are excellent :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back