Cahterine's Bridal Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
...did you even read the post I left? I retracted my statements on everything which commented on the business aspect of her work. So half of your post has been invalidated right there.

Sure, Jack... I read your post. But it's not as simple as "...I would like to retract all statements made about..." not after you see the effect your words had. When we go too far with our words, it's takes a bit more than, "Never mind." How is my post invalid? By your proclamation?

What would put me into a position to make the comments that I have Pete?

Well... for most of your comments... the ones I cited... Nothing. Nothing I know of is suitable credentials to say those sorts of things to another... to treat someone like that, whether publicly or privately. As for your statement, "What you do is not professional... ," that can only come from someone who has a genuine understanding of the market. Shooting candid weddings is one of the toughest things to take on. No matter how much planning you do, you are walking into a situation that's ever changing... the lighting, the environment, even your subject... and all on demand. Time is always of the essence. It often requires an instant summation of all the prevailing influences and an on-the-spot decision of what happens now... and next. All this takes place while monitoring all of your equipment and employees, and dealing with the emotions and psyche of the couple, their families and friends, the minister and caterer... and it all has to happen now, and it all has to be good.

I understand that my work is not the greatest, nor did I claim that it was, but I have also only been shooting seriously for 4 months, during which I have also balanced school, work and friends.

Your work if fine. I can see you're developing a good understanding of lighting. But four months of experience in most anything is just starting out. Be patient. I started much like you, only I wasn't getting the results you do as quickly. Believe me... ten years from now you'll think of your first couple of years as novice work.

-Pete

Last edited:
...did you even read the post I left? I retracted my statements on everything which commented on the business aspect of her work. So half of your post has been invalidated right there.

Sure, Jack... I read your post. But it's not as simple as "...I would like to retract all statements made about..." not after you see the effect your words had. When we go too far with our words, it's takes a bit more than, "Never mind." How is my post invalid? By your proclamation?

What would put me into a position to make the comments that I have Pete?

Well... for most of your comments... the ones I cited... Nothing. Nothing I know of is suitable credentials to say those sorts of things to another... to treat someone like that, whether publicly or privately. As for your statement, "What you do is not professional... ," that can only come from someone who has a genuine understanding of the market. Shooting candid weddings is one of the toughest things to take on. No matter how much planning you do, you are walking into a situation that's ever changing... the lighting, the environment, even your subject... and all on demand. Time is always of the essence. It often requires an instant summation of all the prevailing influences and an on-the-spot decision of what happens now... and next. All this takes place while monitoring all of your equipment and employees, and dealing with the emotions and psyche of the couple, their families and friends, the minister and caterer... and it all has to happen now, and it all has to be good.

I understand that my work is not the greatest, nor did I claim that it was, but I have also only been shooting seriously for 4 months, during which I have also balanced school, work and friends.

Your work if fine. I can see you're developing a good understanding of lighting. But four months of experience in most anything is just starting out. Be patient. I started much like you, only I was getting the results you do as quickly. Believe me... ten years from now you'll think of your first couple of years as novice work.

-Pete

i see now! thank you for pointing this out pete. she's allowed to criticize other peoples work but we arent allowed to criticize hers. the ONLY reason this is such a big deal is because she's making it out to be. every other member on this board takes C&C and uses it to their advantage where she takes it and starts an up roar of "everyones pictures suck compared to mine, i mean, have you seen their website?!"

ever since ive started, there has been stupid drama every week caused by her. its getting really old. ive given her the benefit of the doubt but now i see that everyone else on here doesnt have a problem with C&C but her, no matter how professional they are.

i see now! thank you for pointing this out pete. she's allowed to criticize other peoples work but we arent allowed to criticize hers. the ONLY reason this is such a big deal is because she's making it out to be.

Well, ya got me there.

To Cindy: You really do need to bring this down a few notches...let this go. Common.... deep breath...

-Pete

i see now! thank you for pointing this out pete. she's allowed to criticize other peoples work but we arent allowed to criticize hers. the ONLY reason this is such a big deal is because she's making it out to be.

Well, ya got me there.

To Cindy: You really do need to bring this down a few notches...let this go. Common.... deep breath...

-Pete
ive tried telling her that. i even pm'd her once when things started getting out of hand telling her to calm down.

her response to me was calling another member in idiot and then continuing the drama on the thread even though a moderator had said to stop so then the thread ended up getting locked.

Also would you preface your post with an explaination of why you did things a little differently? Or let it ride with no explaination at all.

Do you read anything or do you just post for the sake of trolling? Do you not remember the first thread that brought upon one of your biggest meltdowns? My initial post was nothing but constructive, yet you lashed out as you have done time and time again because you are too "great" to be talked down on.

People are trying to help you and you are being too thick headed up on that pedestal you have placed yourself on, to hear anyone out. Disclaimer: This is NOT a personal attack. You do nothing but repeat yourself and talk yourself into a giant circle. You have already gone over these points a dozen times, and when we are trying to help address them for you, you just restate them.

I think you should take some time away from posting, and go through all of your threads (most of them have been closed, that should be a hint) and reflect on your actions.

I'm definately not a victim. And I'm sorry you see it that way. I'd like to see how you handle someone telling you really mean things about you, both professionally, and personally.

The initial "snap" is from your own interpretation of peoples' C&C, and the following comments from people are usually due to your snap. How do you expect people to act when you never accept any negative feedback, and in return for their time you put them down? Who is REALLY the instigator here?

ive tried telling her that. i even pm'd her once when things started getting out of hand telling her to calm down.

her response to me was calling another member in idiot and then continuing the drama on the thread even though a moderator had said to stop so then the thread ended up getting locked.

I think talking sh*t behind peoples' back is a cowardly way to express your insecurities and gives a good assessment of their maturity level.

Last edited:
I'll shoot from the hip.

I've mentioned it before in a very similar thread, but here it goes again. I can see someone getting a little peeved at harsh or negative feedback on their work, especially if they are being paid for it as a Pro. I get that, we're only human; not to mention most photographers take their work seriously and take it to heart when you start telling them you don't agree with their vision.

Now here is where I start having issues with these threads.

When you keep posting the same type of work, expecting different results from C&C, and then fall into the same arguments time and time again, that shows me you don't learn. If you know you're on a forum filled with people who hate doll face processing, then why post to get your feelings hurt?

Why get so emotional? The constant cries of torment are really overdone. This is the internet, people are way more critical on here then they would be in person. You have to realize this and learn to laugh it off. If you constantly come back for more, and then cry your eyes out, what are you really doing besides showing everyone you're emotionally unstable/ a glutton for punishment?

My biggest issue has to do with your ethics. When you go out and go through someones gallery with the sole intent of trying to make yourself feel better/ gain support for your case, by belittling their work; you quickly fall to the bottom of the bucket. If you post a photo and someone gives you C&C, then you asked for it. When you drag a gallery into this to discredit the C&C given, you look like a 5 yr old throwing a temper tantrum. The sad thing is you have done this NUMEROUS times. On top of that when confronted you give some bull**** story as to why you are doing it.

I am not usually this way, but I just have to say that I really don't like what I've seen from your contributions to the community. I find it to be the opposite of positive recently.

Please note: if you are going to respond by going through my gallery and commenting, be my guest. Also, I am cold like ice so I will not me moved by accusations of how mean and hurtful I might be.

I think this thread has gone far enough, and everyone has had their say.

Everyone tone it down, not just the OP. It's the internet, people! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back