Calatrava

Buddhabuddha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.usefilm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the Milwaukee Art Museum, designed by Santiago Calatrava... I admit that I think any and every photographer in Milwaukee has a picture or series of this place.
Let me know what you think.... this was actually my first "real" shot with my new Canon XTI, the noise is due to the compression needed for upload.
1234156-large.jpg

I don't see too much noise, to begin with, but I see a fascinating building photographed in a very neat manner, either originally in black and white or converted, whichever way: it suits the building, its shapes, lines, forms, the light situation, the strong cast of shadows, in other words the overall contrast brilliantly, and so do sharpness and toning. Good one!

I am NOT surprised to hear that just about EVERY photographer has been to this building to explore it from all sides and angles!

Thanks, I shot in RAW so I was able to convert it to BW nicely, here is another pic from the same shoot that I kept in color, I did slightly increase the blue levels in PS. but that is all.
1233230-large.jpg

Yes-yes, if I had been there (where I have never been in my life, I might add), this could have become my photo as well! :D Looks like I might have chosen THAT angle and perspective, too.

And the sky is blue????
You are kidding me, eh?
It is always only like this!

Gorgeous!

Can I ask what lens you used?

It was a beautiful day that day, but it is Wisconsin, so the sky is NEVER quite that blue ;)

And the lens I used is sadly just the Kit lens that came with it. I believe it is a Canon EFS 18-55mm. I am looking into an additional lens for it.

I do love this camera.

Most reactions

Back