Calgary Downtown. 56k ouch, sort of.

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I was here last, and I wanted to share some stuff from my trip in August in Calgary. It's still amateur in my opinion, but I want to get some good crits, because I want to improve. C&C PLEASE!!! :) Here we go::mrgreen:

1) Business Affair
97680021border.jpg

2)Untitled (Black and White???)
97680022.jpg

3)The Palace
97680020border.jpg

4)Street Art
97680017.jpg

5)Abandoned (Black and White?)
97680011border.jpg

6)No Parking
97680010border.jpg

7)Symmetry
97680009border.jpg

8)Cliff Bungalow
97680008border.jpg

9)Duplex Side
97680007border.jpg

10)House (contrast?)
97680001greyborder.jpg

11)The Palace Theater
97680019cutoutborder.jpg

thanks for the comments. I think 6 is probly my favourite from the entire set, i like 1 and the palace shots too though. thx!

I like #s 5 and 6. I'd leave the color in #5, it's what makes it so interesting. And the No Parking shot is very nicely done. Good eye. :thumbup:

thanks! It's nice to know you have a good eye :p

Terri - Thanks, ya I've had to increase the contrast in Number 5 because the original shot was a little bland.

Alex - You aren't weird :) 3 is my 2nd/3rd fave of the bunch. :p

I live in Calgary, and you showed a whole other side of it. I've never looked at Calgary the way I look at it in these pics. Good job!

Thanks Seven and Littleman! This past summer me and my bro went for 10 days to stay with my aunt and uncle. we hiked a LOT because that's the main reason we went. However, since my Aunt and Uncle lived sort of near the airport (Northwest, pretty close to the Deerfoot that takes you into Edmonton) we took LOTS of plane pictures in a little field/foottrail/dog walking area where they were no more than 1000 ft above you. I though the big 737's were gonna take my head off :D . And I LOVE planes!

These shots were taken on that downtown street that's closed off to cars. I'm not sure what it's called, 13th ave or something?? Anyway lots of bars, etc. Thanks for the comments. I might post some of my hiking pics too

EDIT

Lol, forgot that not all of these were downtown. The latter half with the colored houses were the "colorful" district, let's just say:mrgreen:

Ya got some really cool shots there. Tough to pick a fave, but Im gonna have to go with the first shot.

Most reactions

Back