California (now day 5 of 13)

Frank F.

engineering art
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This year I have been outside Europe for the first time I took 3000 shots with bracketing, so 9000 clicks.

Now as christmas approaches I start to really digest the whole experience.

#1 Our first Air BnB in Gianera Street, Santa Clara

small_ginera_HTS_3481_pano.JPG

Is the vignette on purpose? Does not add anything to the shot imo. Did you bracket this shot? If so I don't see the reason behind it. Sorry this photo does not 'speak' to me.

I added the vignette on purpose and I like it that way. The result of my panography was too perfect for my liking and I associate old photo books with the topic. Lots of pics to follow

Last edited:
I agree with gooner, this photo has nothing at all going for it.
Might want to consider posting these in the 'Just for Fun' forum. If the rest are like this one I foresee some harsh critiques coming down.

I do see dislike but I do not see critique yet

#2 Highway to Livermore

IMG_20161010_222050.jpg

Last edited:
#3 Street trees in St. Lawrence

tmp_5493-IMG_20161010_223025-1417144554.jpg

This year I have been outside Europe for the first time I took 3000 shots with bracketing, so 9000 clicks.

Now as christmas approaches I start to really digest the whole experience.

#1 Our first Air BnB in Gianera Street, Santa Clara

View attachment 131107

I think on this site, most people will not appreciate an urban panoramic landscape. I think it was keen of you to utilize the powerlines as a leading line and framing line in this landscape. I also feel bad for whoever lives in that house, they have a railroad, oil tanks, grid power lines, parking garage, and construction surrounding them.

I find it fascinating at what catches your eye since you are coming from another country. I sense they may be totally different from your environment and exhilarating for you. Thanks for posting them, I enjoy them.

#2 Highway to Livermore

View attachment 131130

I can't critique this drive by other than to say I feel the excitement of your vision. The color reminds me of Fuji Reala film pushed a stop or two. I like the juxtaposition of the mountains and the Starbucks.

Last edited:
These all feel like film and cheap film (lol). Like these were captured with a box type camera in the '60's. Good job. I get a Eggleston-esque feel from these. You see the world differently than most and even your photography expresses who you are. The golden hills, freeway and strip mall = Everyday California.

I think it is interesting to find out how a visitor sees a place relative to how a native sees it.

I think it is interesting to find out how a visitor sees a place relative to how a native sees it.

I agree 100%. The wonder and excitement really shows in his captures.

#4 mountains in the distance

small_sierra_HTS_3508.JPG

Most reactions

Back