Call Me Old-Fashioned

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Love me some donuts.

First real attempt at food. Would a CPL have helped here with the reflections?

old fashioned-1.jpg

If you want, you can listen to this while looking at the picture. :p

Cropping is a bit tight on the sides, but otherwise, I like it :)

Would a CPL have helped here with the reflections?

I'm not sure about the CPL but adding some jam and an ugh in the middle would most certainly help these!

I'm not sure about the CPL but adding some jam and an ugh in the middle would most certainly help these!
These were destined to a couple of hangry mouths while I took the picture, haha. Jam would have been perfect.

I think the reflections are fine.
In terms of cropping, I would have liked to see it cropped some more - make it feel I could reach out and touch it.

Hope you don't mind the crop - didn't say whether photos were OK to edit or not.

Attachments

• cropdonut.jpg
    cropdonut.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 105
In terms of cropping, I would have liked to see it cropped some more - make it feel I could reach out and touch it.

Hope you don't mind the crop - didn't say whether photos were OK to edit or not.
No problem on the editing.. I thought I had that preference set, not sure what happened?

I like the crop. I did a 'close-up' shot, as well.. What do you think of this one?

Old Fashioned-2-TPF.jpg

I like that crop - I did mine in MS paint! ;)
I think with food photography you don't need to show the whole plate, but give the viewer a figurative taste of it!

No problem on the editing.. I thought I had that preference set, not sure what happened?

I like the crop. I did a 'close-up' shot, as well.. What do you think of this one?

View attachment 101372

This one is pretty nice - I can almost taste it! I still would have like a little more space though (in this case, on the top).

It all depends on which reflections you're talking about. The reflections from the plate don't bother me but the light reflecting from the doughnut surfaces does detract from the image quality. A CPL would cut these reflections and give the doughnuts more vibrant saturated colors and better texture detail.

I like that crop - I did mine in MS paint! ;)
I think with food photography you don't need to show the whole plate, but give the viewer a figurative taste of it!
Good point!

View attachment 101372

This one is pretty nice - I can almost taste it! I still would have like a little more space though (in this case, on the top).
Oh yeah, definitely agree! :smile:

It all depends on which reflections you're talking about. The reflections from the plate don't bother me but the light reflecting from the doughnut surfaces does detract from the image quality. A CPL would cut these reflections and give the doughnuts more vibrant saturated colors and better texture detail.
Thanks! I'll try that next time, if the donuts last that long, haha.

no glaze, no care.

well yeah of course, because they were actually donuts. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back