Calling all Edmontonians

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
I am not sure where else to post this so it ended up here.

Anybody from Edmonton Alberta:

I have a photo shoot there on sunday, and the palce that i had booked to set up my studio cancelled, and now i can't seem to find any other place. Do you have any ideas of who i could call to find a nice big, private room that i could rent for the afternoon?

To anybody else:

Do you have any ideas of palces that might be willing to rent a space for a while? here in Clagary i have rented out a boxing gym once, a comunity center and of all things a Cub Scouts place. any other ideas of places that would rent for an afternoon?

Thanks all!

How big of an area do you need?

My first thought would be to call some of the Bigger Hotels that have conference rooms.

The Ramada on Kingsway has several conference rooms.

The Edmonton Public Library offers rooms for rent.

You could call the School board and ask about renting a gym.

Thanks Big Mike. The size of room i am looking for is a minimum 13 foot ceiling and the a floor no smaller than 20 by 20 feet. A conferance room is a great idea, i never thought if it.

Now do any of you guys think using an elementary school gym would be weird? For some reason i do, it would be on a sunday afternoon so there would be no students, but I think there would be an odd feel to it. what do you think?

Technically most photo days at schools are done in gyms, so I am certain it wouldn't be too strange. Most likely they will be able to cordon an area of the gym off with the curtains to help take away from that eerie 'large' atmosphere of a gym. Several schools might even have specific theatre areas that might work. Good luck with your shoot.

By the way, looking forward to your developing series on hands.

Thank you very kindly Britanny.

That makes alot of sence about the school gym being used for school shoots, i completely forgot about, it doesn't seem wierd at all thinking of it now. But i have some good news, i called a bunch of places in Edmonton, and I found an entire yoga studio that the guy is going to rent to me for 100$ for the entire day! That is a real bonus. it takes some of the stress of my back. I would have liked to get the school gym but if i waited until they were open tommorow to book one, and found out they wouldn't, i would be seriously cutting my time to find another place short, so i started tonight and had some luck.

So after that stressfull little advneture i have this to say: If you are looking for a studio on short notice, call schools, yoga centers, meditation centers, and dance studios, all of which (other than the school because i didn't end up talking to them) were more than willing to help, it was just a matter of finding one with an open spot were i needed to be.

I didn't even think of it, but there is a small dance studio just a block from my house...they probably would have been good as well. There are also community halls for rent...but I would think they would be a hassle to rent on shot notice.

Glad you found a place, good luck with your shoot.

Most reactions

Back