Calling all noobs... Gimp tutorial...

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, some of you will remember about a week ago I posted a thread about maybe doing some video tutorials for GIMP... Well I grabbed a domain name, and started a blog to do it. I did my first video the other night and finally got it uploaded.

Now, I know I need to increase the resolution of the videos... but aside from that, any and all suggestions are welcome... I really enjoy passing on the knowledge I've learned and I find it fun to create these tutorials...

So please check it out and tell me what you think... the first video I did is very basic stuff. Last but not least, the website is

www.SLR411.com

good job, well narrated and set at a good pace so that beginners can easily follow along.

looks good! pretty simple stuff, I would be interested to see some more techical stuff once you cover the basics.

in the video, i'd advise newbs to learn about manually adjusting the input/output levels rather than use auto-levels. auto can be unpredictable and can lead to very strange outputs

Thanks for the tutorial. It helps alot as I just downloaded Gimp yesterday. I had been using Paint.net but it doesn't have all the tools that Gimp and Photoshop have.

here's my testimonial ;)

Sorry if this picture still sucks, but I tried ;) lol

Original:
022-1.jpg

Edited:
022-2.jpg

I feel like they still suck lol

here's my testimonial ;)

Sorry if this picture still sucks, but I tried ;) lol

Original:
022-1.jpg

Edited:
022-2.jpg

I feel like they still suck lol

Well alittle advice on this shot would be not to crop so tightly and make sure you focus on the eyes... Having sharp eyes will make a world of difference in your photographs :)

Heh. This isn't cropped lol :( I was sitting on a "snow chair" about 3 feet away from my son and I backed the zoom up the best I could without getting too much background junk.

Most reactions

Back