Calumet 750

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by photogincollege, Oct 5, 2007.

1. photogincollege

photogincollege TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the calumet 750 lights. I got the chance to play with them at my college studio and liked them, but was wondering how they compare to other lights/strobes. I mean whats everyone think of them for studio use as a main/fill light, or on a stand even a hair light. To me they seemed easy to use and pretty convenient at least as a non-portable light. They have a normal light option and a strobe option. I'm by no means buying these right now but am just curious for future reference.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/CE1105/ a link to the light i'm speaking of.

2. Helen B

Helen B TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A friend of mine uses them. They are decent lights, made by Bowens and compatible with Bowens accessories. He has softboxes, umbrellas, a snoot and a beauty dish - all of which do what they are supposed to do. I can't think of anything more to say.

Best,
    Helen

3. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    I have not heard anything bad about them for whatever that's worth. Some good but nothing bad.