Calvin and Hobbes

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today's theme for the Daily photo challenge was text. When I was a youngin, I was a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan and have just about all of the books. So I thought it would be fun to incorporate them into todays theme.

text.jpg

text2.jpg

Those are cool. I think it's really neat hwo you got Calvin and the giant camera in the frame. The pattern feel is great.

If I give you my address, can you lend me some? All?
I am "old" but I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Calvin and Hobbes.
And I never have seen any of the original comics. Only the translated versions!

Ah, if life weren't so busy (with posting replies into TPF primarily), I'd so love to jump in on your Daily Photo Challenge.... it looks like SUCH fun! And it really makes you think!
But competition with you and Preston and David already in there is too fierce! I'd never be able to really be good. Not even satisfactory. Only "failure" :( :cry: !!!

I love Calvin & Hobbes. I get daily E-mails of the old strips.

I don't have any of the books but I saw the best thing at Costco...'The Complete Calvin & Hobbes'...Too bad it was $125.

I still love calvin and hobbes, I have started to replace my old warn out paper back versions with the newly reintroduced hard covers. I have all 17 books and a few in hardcover now. I started reading them when I was 8 or 9 and I remember having to look up words all the time since some of the strips were not written for that age level. My wife gives me a hard time about having a book shelf with just Calvin and hobbes, Garfield, and Peanuts and sloughs of other misc sunday comics.

Awesome pics! :thumbup: Everything composed just right, and crispy clear. Just wonderful. :D

So if you have too many of them now and want to get rid of some.......

My wife would probably like that too. :D

As with the photo challange, its been a lot of fun to see each persons interpretations of a theme. This week we picked up some really new people who are just figuring out how to use there cameras. There is even a guy who decided to do it with his camera-phone...we'll see how long that lasts. It will be interesting to watch them progress none-the-less and I hope we can get a core group of people to stick with it.

Ask and ye shall receive...

If you PM me and ask me for my address I might give it to you ;)

These are really cool shots. Well done.

I love calvin and hobbes! best comic strip ever (except maybe dilbert), I used to read them all the time when I was a kid. I love the pictures too, you did a great job, love that you included the camera in the photo.

these are great shots. love your interpretation of "text". Calvin and Hobbes rocks! Big Mike - that makes me want to go to costco...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back