camara body or lens ?

Lens is preferred over new body, imo.

I shoot Nikon but that shouldn't matter for all intensive purposes with your question.

I'm sorry but i gotta do it.

it is FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES

it just annoys the hell out of me when people get that one wrong.

as for the question at hand, if you are happy with the body and it is doing what you want, get glass

I shoot Nikon but that shouldn't matter for all intensive purposes with your question.

I'm sorry but i gotta do it.

it is FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES

it just annoys the hell out of me when people get that one wrong.
Thank you for putting that out there. I saw that and it bothered the hell out of me, but didn't want to mention it.

Never got the hole nikon canon thing. they both take great photos.

Thanks for all the info and help guys and gals.
jay

As for your "busy" if you check on the card look for a "C" with a number in it. I can almost put money on it that there is not a number and if there is it is under 4. You should look for a "C6" or class 6 they are the fastest cards going for SD. I have a Class 4 and it is a huge improvment ofer my class one "high speed" that I payed way to much for. My next set of cards for my XSI will be Class 6.

I would go with ne glass for sure, if you are still learning, buy the good glass now then you can get a higher end body once you know more.

As for your "busy" if you check on the card look for a "C" with a number in it. I can almost put money on it that there is not a number and if there is it is under 4. You should look for a "C6" or class 6 they are the fastest cards going for SD. I have a Class 4 and it is a huge improvment ofer my class one "high speed" that I payed way to much for. My next set of cards for my XSI will be Class 6.

I would go with ne glass for sure, if you are still learning, buy the good glass now then you can get a higher end body once you know more.

OP's camera use CF cards instead.:sexywink:

As for the busy issue. XTi do have a buffer. And most of the time, you should not have the busy issue even with a slower card unless your shooting in burst mode continuously.

nope not shoting in that mode at all.
my card is a hi speed 40.
would a hi speed 100 be better?

You should not need a really high speed card with that camera. Do you format the card in camera? I usually format every month or so. If you have been formating the card via computer, dump your photos and then format the card in the camera. the only time I ran into the busy warning was shooting long burts or long exposures with noise reduction turned on. Do you have long exposure noise reduction turned on and are you taking a lot of long exposures? (1 sec plus)

It looks like you've got most of the lenses covered, and your camera is a good one too.

I'd spend more money on gas, and saving for vacations, so you have more photo opps. and more chances to practice.

If you shoot sports and saving speed is that important, I agree that you should get a faster camera body and faster memory.

I'm going to Prague this Christmas, and was thinking of investing in a wide angle zoom for my Pentax that costs nearly $700. Then, I realized that it would be $700 less I'd have to spend on vacation, and I could still do nearly everything I wanted with the 28-80 (equiv.) that I've already got.

Most reactions

Back