camara repair (mitca)

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by kemplefan, Feb 15, 2006.

1. kemplefan

kemplefan TPF Noob!

the shutter in my moms canon elan two is messed up if this makes sense i think that the shuter thingys are of there track it wil not open or close

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

It sounds like it needs a CLA. Try a local camera repair place - shouldn't be too expensive!

Rob

3. kemplefan

kemplefan TPF Noob!

ok explane i dont know much about camera repair, can i save the cash and do it myself

4. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

You can probably do it yourself, however, you can probably make a right mess of it too... A lot depends on whether you're the kind of person who's good at manipulating small fragile and difficult things. I'm heavy-handed, so I generally get my stuff professionally serviced - it's quicker and easier.

It might help if you can post a good close-up image of the problem, or describe it more accurately.

Shutters do get stuck, and generally they can be freed up, but it's fiddly and re-lubing the inside of the camera can be very tricky indeed.

My guess is that if you do it yourself, it may well end up worse than when you started.

Rob

5. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Rob is right. I know how to fix older cameras but when it comes to the complicated ones I pass them along to the specialized people. But first:

-have you tried to see if the battery is old?
    -have you tried to see if the battery/camera contacts are clean?