camcorder battery?

MACollum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a battery for my camcorder and I'd like to buy one online. The battery is a SB-L110A, 7.4 volts, 1100 mAh, Li-Ion. I looked on Amazon but none of the batteries match. They say that they're "compatible" with my battery but the volts don't always match and the mAh is much higher. I don't know anything about batteries. Do the numbers of volts and the mAh need to match the original numbers? Which numbers are important? I'm clueless....

I am no expert, but i think higher milliamps are no problem, but the voltage should be the same, higher milliamps should mean longer operation between charges

I am no expert, but i think higher milliamps are no problem, but the voltage should be the same, higher milliamps should mean longer operation between charges

That's kinda what I was thinking, just wasn't sure. I've heard that voltage is important to avoid damaging your equipment with too high a volt. But Honestly I have no idea what mAh is...I thought a higher number might affect battery life but didn't want to make a huge mistake and get the wrong one and screw up my camcorder. My DSLR is my love but my 8-year-old son likes to do video.

I agree. I believe it's the voltage that matters. I did a quick search under google products and it's as you stated - There are quite a few different versions that say they are replacements but the mAh don't match. The voltage's do, so I think that's a sign your on the right track.

...Ahh, just as I was typing I recalled some of my electrical engineering classes. The 'h' in the 'mAh' is a unit of time measurement, milli-Ampere-hour, so the greater the mAh the longer it will last with your camera usage. The mA may be the same throughout, but the h is different constituting the length of time for a given mA output.

http://www.google.com/products?q=SB-L110A&btnG=Search+Products

Most reactions

Back