camera backpack?

SpiffyBeth....I have the Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG that you are asking about and I love it. I don't have a ton of equipment but I still have plenty of room. I store in it:

D70s
18-55
50mm f1.8
Sigma 70-300 APO
SB-600
Plenty of tidbits like Stofen, caps, cables, etc....

I still have plenty of room and could probably add 2-3 decent size lenses to the mix before it's full. The greatest thing is that I can store my D70s with the 70-300 attached plus lens hood on normal and it fits just fine with room to spare.

I'd highly reccomend the Canon bag and it's very comfy to carry around. Also nice how it's got the straps to hold a tripod on the outside (I haven't tried that yet though).

Nikon shooter using a Canon bag, LOL... Kind of like when I bought my 17-40mm L they put it in a Nikon bag... Sorry but I found that comical...

Nikon shooter using a Canon bag, LOL... Kind of like when I bought my 17-40mm L they put it in a Nikon bag... Sorry but I found that comical...

That makes perfect sense to me - and was a compliment. The clerk thought. "this guy looks pretty bright, he'll eventually come under the influence of ............ the Force
nikonvaderod7.jpg

You may also want to consider the Lowepro Fastpack 250 or the larger 350 (holds a 70-200 f2.8 attached).
Both are backpacks, but when you drop the left should strap, they rotate for immediate camera draw, just like a sling.

thanks for the suggestion, Ben-71

Although I have two Lowepro's (one being the AW200 SS) I was reading in DigitalSLR Photography mag backpack comparisons, the Tamarac Expedition 8 received a best buy and has a large capacity.

I'm a little annoyed that I can't pack the 70-200mm in the AW200.

First if you have a decent amount of gear and you say you have the 70-200 2.8 you really need to try your best to fit your gear into what you intend on buying or at leas confirm what you have will fit. One problem with bags is any picture you see is going to look alot larger than it actually is. Second if I were you I would stick with either a Lowepro or a Tamrac bag or someother bag company I question the quality of the bags that the camera companies get made for them besides, Tamrac, Lowepro etc are proven quality and to boot I know some of them have rain covers on them that are a great feature in case you get caught out there one day.

ive been looking at Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG because i like how large it is and how much it can hold...
I have this bag too.

What I like about it:
The straps on the bottom to hold a tripod are convenient, and work well.
Plenty of storage space (for my needs anyway).
Backpacks are easy to carry.
It's easy to get stuff in & out.

What I don't like:
It says Canon on it, I would rather have one that said JanSport and just looked like a normal backpack.
One of the straps broke after only a month or two. I had to sew it back together...

I have this bag too..
One of the straps broke after only a month or two. I had to sew it back together...

This is why you leave the cameras to the camera companies and the bags to the bag companies. I have a Tamrac from 1991 and while it shows it's age with stains and dirt there is not a tear on it. It is still in such god shape it took alot to convince my wife that I really needed a new bag when I bought my Lowepro backpack.

I have the Lowepro Mini Trecker AW and love it. I can easily fit all my gear in it, and 2 battery chargers, filters, snacks, notepad etc etc. I can;t fit my 300mm 2.8 with my other gear but it came with it's own nice little deal so no worries. It will fit in the center if I re configure the other seperators etc.......... AW means all weather, it has a teffeta cover that unfolds from the bottom and stretches over the thing. It is comfortable to wear all day if required and has a waist strap too. My tripod and/or monopod fit on the back too.

I do need a larger one now though..... I have out grown it.

You may also check the range of Tenba bags -

http://www.tenba.com

As a pro, I've used Tenba bags for years (SLRs & Medium Format), so they went through a lot.

Excellent quality and indestructible.

Many models come with rain covers.

Ive got a small tamrac slingshot thats good to hold a body lens and 2 more lenses in a pinch.

I like it, but the strap gets to you after a while cause its not even , one shoulder gets it more then the other.

When I go out art shooting I pick one lens, so I could use pants with many many many zippered pockets (yes BDSM clothing can double as photography gear) and just stick cards and filters in them and be good.

When shooting an event you get stuck, you want quick access to a lens but dotn want to carry the bag around, is there a lens, or 2nd body holster anywhere, something that would strap to your hip on the side and velcro over the top would keep the body from coming out. ? seriously you have no idea how much this would save time AND backs....

I have the Canon 200EG. It's a pretty darned good bag. The outer comparment that people think is a laptop compartment is in no way suitable for a laptop. I don't think it'd be strong enough unless you have a Macbook Air.

Probably slightly off topic, but...

Has anyone had any experience with the Tamrac S-114 harness system for their Pro series bags?

I was looking at their Pro 12 bag, and was wondering if the S-114 was worth having. I tend to prefer the regular bags over the backpacks, but I can see where having a pack would be handy.

The S-114 could probably be stashed in the bag, or in a small accessory pouch attached to it, for times when I might need to carry it on my back.

(yes BDSM clothing can double as photography gear) and just stick cards and filters in them and be good.

I can vouch for that. I used to have a set of BDU's I'd wear when out and about with my AE-1 P, years ago. The big thigh pockets were handy for carrying the 70-210 when I didn't want to cart the bag around with me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back