Camera Bag Canon 40D

billylid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, please advise best camera bag for 40D camera. would prefer backpack but open to all. Would like to have tripod holder on board and will eventually hold at least 3 lenses. Thanks for your help.;)

I suggest finding a camera store (a good one) and seeing what they have in stock. It's really hard to judge the size/capacity of a bag over the internet.

I personally like Lowepro bags and have several of them.

www.cambags.com.

Lots of pictures. I used it a lot when deciding on my bags.

I use a LowePro CompuTrekker. It holds a 40D body, 17-50 f2.8, 11-16 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, a 2x TC as well as two 580s and two 430s. Several pockets for filters and batteries, and it has a tripod holder. And a rain jacket. And a space for a laptop. And a jet pack.

I also have the LowePro CompuTrekker. I've got an EOS 40D, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM w/ hood, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM w/ hood, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM w/ hood, Speedlite 580EX II, polarizer filters, manuals, spare batteries and chargers (camera and AA for the flash) mostly filling the camera compartments. I haven't stuck my laptop in the computer compartment.

As a camera bag, it's nice. As a backpack, it rides up too high.

I suggest finding a camera store (a good one) and seeing what they have in stock. It's really hard to judge the size/capacity of a bag over the internet.

I personally like Lowepro bags and have several of them.
:thumbup:
Most of my bags are Tamrac, but I also own a Lowepro. There are several good bag makers out there, the best way to find one you like is as suggested above and physically take a look and find one that fits your needs.

I use a LowePro CompuTrekker. It holds a 40D body, 17-50 f2.8, 11-16 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, a 2x TC as well as two 580s and two 430s. Several pockets for filters and batteries, and it has a tripod holder. And a rain jacket. And a space for a laptop. And a jet pack.
HAHA, I was so waiting for something like that. Too bad it doesn't come with a guy to lug it all around for you!

Does anyone suggest a Canon 200EG? Thought it might be a good backpack for the OP. The only downfall I could think would be it lets people know what you got for goods.

Does anyone suggest a Canon 200EG? Thought it might be a good backpack for the OP. The only downfall I could think would be it lets people know what you got for goods.

Hard to tell. The Canon bags are ok. Problem is, buying a camera bag is like buying a house. Your not buying for today, but buying for the future, unless you want to keep collecting bags. :lol:

Best thing to do it go take your gear, go try out bags and buy what seems the best for now and later on.

Have you considered whether you need the camera bag to be inconspicuous? For example, if you travel a lot you might not want to advertise that you're carrying camera gear. If so, a problem with a lot of camera bags is that they scream "I'm a camera bag."

One approach is to buy some pads (Domke, Tenba, etc.) and add them to an existing bag to convert it into a camera bag. For example, I dropped a Tenba divider into a bag I got at the Army/Navy store -- works like a charm, and looks like nothing at all. Plus, this approach can be cheaper than buying dedicated camera bags.

Just another approach to consider.

Most reactions

Back