camera bag or wheel barrel??

thank you all for the highly detailed answers, that is exactly what I was looking for. I might be looking into a camera just to keep in the car.

I do pack my laptop with me everywhere. The camera goes sometimes too.
Racephoto, nice to know you stil have your little red wagon :) Those things are handy! Never thought about the cooler water protector. That is a great tip!!!

Again, thank you all for the info and tips. I will certainly be looking into something more, different, and configurable to hold my stuff soon. I will have to look into a cooler as well.

thank you all for the highly detailed answers, that is exactly what I was looking for. I might be looking into a camera just to keep in the car.

I do pack my laptop with me everywhere. The camera goes sometimes too.
Racephoto, nice to know you stil have your little red wagon :) Those things are handy! Never thought about the cooler water protector. That is a great tip!!!

Again, thank you all for the info and tips. I will certainly be looking into something more, different, and configurable to hold my stuff soon. I will have to look into a cooler as well.

That cooler thing started when I'd take a camera out fishing or in the canoe. I use a "Little Oscar", which is made by Coleman. You can find them at the resale shops or rummage sales for about $3 on a good day. The lid fits tight and it's waterproof as far as rain and spray is concerned. I'm sure there are better ways to do the same.

A good strong ziplock will work just as well.

The wagon, by the way, is one of those wooden ones with the sides on it, not a Red Radio Flyer (which I'm sure I had somewhere in the barn). Pretty silly, but when I had to park a long way from the central site, I got tired of making multiple trips, so I enlisted my wagon. :lol:

Want cheap rain protection for your camera? Use those pants that come with the cheap rainsuits. Put the lens up the leg and the camera is protected by the part that would go around your waist. You can cut off the other leg and save it for a "rainy day" backup. :lmao:

All those people with the Lowe Pros are leading you in the right direction. I only have the Canon bag, because it was on sale at B&H at the same time I was buying a new lens. It's basically the same type bag, with the Canon name on it.

I'll add one more thing. A camera bag works on the same principles as the gas laws. Your equipment will expand to fill whatever space you have.

Buy a bag that's bigger than what you thing you need. It will still be too small in six months. :er:

I would have to say it depends certainly on what I am going to go shoot... if I am out shooting a quick trains run I will just bring my Canon 1D Mark II and Bigma... but if I am going out to really travel and or shoot... the back seat of my truck is filled up with three huge bags of gear...

Tamrac Pro-14:
Mamiya 645AF and 645 Pro TL
Manual 45, 55, 70, 80, 145SF, 150, 55-110
AF 45, 80, 150
Mamiya odds and ends

Tamrac Pro-12:
2x Canon 580EX, ST-E2, MT-24EX, Sekonic L358, Canon CP-E3, WFT-E1, Epson P2000, Odds and Ends

Tamrac Expedition 7:
Canon 1D Mark II and 5D
Lenses, Lenses, Lenses....full

The only two lenses that are specials really that dont go with me all the time are the Canon 500L and 200/1.8L...

for normal shooting, when not out in the field on my feet for days, I usually bring :

one SLR,
300mm,
24-105mm,
17-40mm,
50mm f/1.4
1.4x teleconverter,
close up lens,
cable release,
3 ND filters,
1 polariser,
charger,
some spare batteries,
some things for basic cleaning,
tripod,
sometimes a monopod when I expect to use the 300mm often

usually I stuff things in a backpack, need a new decent one soon, so I can post what I ended up with later ;)

Most reactions

Back