Camera bag

Well, just my suggestion base on personal prefference, but how bout a backpack? Check out the Classic Backpacks by Lowepro. They don't look any different than a school knapsack and some of them have room for all your other stuff you'd be carrying around while traveling. My suggestion would be the Orion Trekker model.

I just bought the Orion AW Beltpack/Backpack. It has a detachable backpack...but I dont' think I would go as far as saying it doesn't look like I have camera equipment.

I haven't used it yet (just got it today), but so far it seems extremly functional. I avoided bying a backpack type because i didn't think it was very functional if I needed to switch lenses or get gear quickly.

You might want to consider a diaper bag. Lenses would fit into spaces designed for bottles and who in their right mind would steal a diaper bag?

I would suggest the Crumpler bags. I bought the formal lounge bag and took it to Cambodia and it held up very well on the plane, and everywhere we went. I got it for back support purposes b/c I had back surgery last November and it was marvelous! Felt like I wasn't carrying much even though I was. Also has space for a laptop as well!!! Here's a link to their site http://www.crumplerusa.com/ but ebay is a lot cheaper :) Best of all they look like a regular backpack, most people were suprised when I pulled my camera out of it :)

Mike might be onto something there ;) but you'd still have to carry it slung over one shoulder. It gets tedious after awhile.

The backbacks are the way to go. Check out several, try some on if you can. Should get you around in great fashion! :D

SLOShooter said:
Eromallagadnama,

Are you able to carry a jacket sized thing or small parcels in the top section?

Yep :) In the bottom part I had my camera and stuff. In the top I had a notebook about the size of a laptop in that section. I also carried a big ziploc bag that had a card game inside of it, journal, books, a few ziploc bags of snacks, waterbottles, mp3 player...think that's about it. What I mean is you can store a load of stuff in it :) The laptop section holds up a to a 17 inch laptop too. The other nice thing is that the sections in the camera part are divided off, but can be removed to fit your desired camera setup!!! As you can probably tell I am huge fan of this bag, on the website there are lots of other choices similiar to this depending on what you plan on carrying :)

I have a Tamrac bag. It's great. I took it with me to Costa Rica for 2 weeks and it deffinetly kept my stuff from being damaged. It's very padded and it's rain proof. It holds 2 bodies and 4- Large/Long lenses or 8- Short/Wide lenses. It also has a TON of extra room. It fit as a carry-on so I could have it with me. And I was able to fit everything I needed with me on the plain. All my equipment was in it. Some magazines, a sweatshirt, a hat.. man I don't even remember what was in it. But it looks just like a normal backpack. I can't get a direct link but if you check out Tamrac's website its under backpacks and then its the 752 model. IMO It's a great bag.

Most reactions

Back