Camera bag?

spreston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am very new to photography but also very passionate. I just bought a D5000 and am looking for advice on a good camera bag. It has to be compact, have space for a couple lenses and some other accessories, and hopefully have double zippers so I can lock the pouches when I'm traveling in urban areas. I was looking for a easy access sling style bag that can be used when backpacking and camping, maybe it could fit in my backcountry pack? I know its sort of a random/specific question but any recommendations?

Thanks!

spreston
Hello and welcome to the site. There are a lot of newcomers, and a lot of experienced people here who can and do help. Just be patient some of the time and you will be rewarded.

Take a look at this google link. Save some of the ones you like to your favorites, and then come back for more help in narrowing down your choice. You can ask anyone if they use one of the ones you choose, to see if they have anything to say about it.

Google

I like the Lowepro Slingshot series and Flipside series. Check em out.

I have a Lowepro Slingshot, and I really like it. My advice on the size of the bag is to go bigger than you think you may need. After 9 months, I am ready for a larger bag.

I like the Lowepro Slingshot series and Flipside series. Check em out.

I have a Lowepro Slingshot, and I really like it. My advice on the size of the bag is to go bigger than you think you may need. After 9 months, I am ready for a larger bag.

Yep!

Also, try the bag out in the store first. Saves a bit of time and money.

so indeed ,Heavy duty camera backpack built for rugged outdoor use for the professional photographer who wants full protection for all camera products and accessories. It accommodates digital photo/SLR or medium format camera system. The function of this backpack is the same as Lowerpro FTA1002 but with lower price!

you can reference this

My tenba shootout medium bag is awesome. I have owned a lot of bags and it is just great.

How large of a bag do you guys get?

My old gear is in my old shoulder bag ... not too big (or comfortable) but it seemed to hold my camera and 2 extra lenses OK. Was looking into another shoulder bag except one that can be slung over my head -Tamrac Explorer 2 or Lowepro Adventura 170 but a sling bag bag seems like a better idea.

How large of a bag do you guys get?

My old gear is in my old shoulder bag ... not too big (or comfortable) but it seemed to hold my camera and 2 extra lenses OK. Was looking into another shoulder bag except one that can be slung over my head -Tamrac Explorer 2 or Lowepro Adventura 170 but a sling bag bag seems like a better idea.

Which bag??? I have several bags of various different situations. Bags are to photographers what purses are to women.
(Unless you have only owned one purse for the last 10 years ladies don't complain to me about the above statement :mrgreen:)

I think that you will find that over time you will end up with different bags. Pick one for what you need now, make it big enough to add more gear if you intend to. The only rule is you don't carry a white bag after Labor Day. :mrgreen: :lol: :lmao:

Ok ladies, you can complain about the last comment if you wish.
2funny.gif

I have a [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Fastpack-100-Red/dp/B000YIWNUS]Amazon.com: Lowepro Fastpack 100 (Red): Camera & Photo[/ame]

It working good so far but its got limited space so I will outgrow it. I should be ok with it until I get more then 4 lenses.

I wanted a [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-SlingShot-All-Weather-Digital-Backpack/dp/B000BAX50G]Amazon.com: Lowepro SlingShot 100 All-Weather Digital Camera Backpack (Black): Camera & Photo[/ame]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back