Camera bag

HoboSyke

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I just got a new lens. The 24-70 f/2.8L.. Awesome btw..
I need a new bag to accomadate my accesories.
I have a Canon 20D body - 24-70 lens - 580EX Flash - Shutter Release cable. Will also have to be able to hold 70-200 f/2.8L and 50mm 1.4 prime atleast for later on. Any suggestions? lowpro are good i hear? They got so many its hard to choose from. Any reccomendations would be helpful..
Thanks in advance. :blushing:

i was keen on crumpler until one arrived in the post, which i sent back. I got the Shrinkle - i needed something to hold a lot of gear, similar to what you have plus a laptop. The spec said it could fit the gear I had plus more but due to the angular/curved shape of the bag, I could only get about half as much in. The actual volume of the bag inside is a lot less than what you might think looking on the outside. A lot of people are very happy with crumpler but that's my experience.

A few days later I bought a tamrac cyberpak 6 which is fantastic. the compartments are really deep, material's robust, can carry a tripod and laptop with ease and has lots of useful pockets all over. Lowepro are generally considered market leaders but Tamrac IMHO are just as good if not better due their range and build quality.

I also use a lowepro orion trekker for when travelling light camera wise and need space for other things like clothing. I usually end up putting my 70-200 in the top with a separate lens case to stop it getting bashed. The new slingshot bags are worth considering but i'm not sure if it can hold a 70-200

my advice - TRY BEFORE YOU BUY (LIKE I SHOULD HAVE!)

Thanks for the links fellas. I dont like the Crumplers at all..
The lowpros look the goods and will probably go with one of them
But which one theres sooooo many. The classic trekker looks ok..

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/allWeather/Mini_Trekker_AW.aspx

This above link is the mini trekker classic AW. Looks good. Its got an all weather cover and has a quick release tripod holder as well.
Its very similar to the mini trekker classic, but without the weather cover and tripod holder.
Anyone else have something similar in mind in the lowpro range?

Depends upon the style you want. I recently bought a Lowepro Nova 5 AW and it's great. Plenty of room, nice and secure. Because I roam about I never know what sort of lens I will need and I find with the Nova I can still get at my gear when the bag is hung on my shoulder.

Lol

Lowepro, Tamerac, Crumpler-all good bags. When I was looking for a bag I was leaning towards a Lowepro, but then saw a very similar bag. It's made by a company called Naneu and I got the Pro U110. It's a very good bag. It's built well and has taken all the abuse I've thrown at it; well almost all. There are two small pockets on the front, top and bottom. The bottom is covered with vinyl(sp). I have managed to put a small hole in that with an ink pen, but other that that the bag is good to go. I do plan on getting at least one more bag in the future and this company will be on the list that I have to choose from.

After seeing this, I think I might go for one of the lowepros. I found a nice one they have at the London drugs a few blocks away from me. :mrgreen:

I carry almost exactly the same set up and the Lowepro Mini Trekker is what I shlep it around in. I've tried lots of other bags - they just don't fit my gear as well as this one. Just ask Malachite who has to trip over the plethora of empty camera bags that I don't use. :lol:

Anyone got good suggestions for a lowepro or tamerac shoulder bags? I have a lowepro backpack but find it annoying to use it unless I am really hiking in a ways. Have a small holster but that is on the too small end (even with an accessory pouch attached). So looking for a medium sized shoulder bag that can hold camera, 2 lens, flash, extention tubes, and filters.

zedin said:
Anyone got good suggestions for a lowepro or tamerac shoulder bags? I have a lowepro backpack but find it annoying to use it unless I am really hiking in a ways. Have a small holster but that is on the too small end (even with an accessory pouch attached). So looking for a medium sized shoulder bag that can hold camera, 2 lens, flash, extention tubes, and filters.

Tamrac Velocity 7 or 9 (depending on the size of the lens that you want to carry). It's a sling style bag with a waist strap. Very nice and everything stays convenient. :mrgreen:

Holy crap! That slingshot is perfect. The velocity is nice too but you access stuff from the wrong side for me. (like stuff on my right shoulder and pull from left hip)

Most reactions

Back