Camera bags

rjackjames

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for a good camera bag that can carry the following equipment:

Canon EOS 30D ||Canon EOS 50D || EF 16-35mm f2.8 L II || EF 24-70mm f2.8 L | EF 50mm f1.4 || EF 70-200mm f2.8 IS L || EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS L || Speedlite 580EXII x 2 || Apple MacBook || Sigma 150mm Macro f2.8 || Macro Flash MR-14EX||

I want to use it as a carry one bag, right now I have two camera bags but just want one for an up comming trip back to my home country.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Choosing a bag should be done in-person, probably in a well stocked store. That way you know exactly how big it is. Maybe bring your gear and try it out.

I'm not sure you will get all of that into a bag that will still fit all carry-on restrictions.

Have a look at the ThinkTank Airport Security, I think that one is deep enough to allow the 70-200 to fit in vertically, saving you a lot of space.

Here is a review of a new bag, Kiboko

you could always put the flash in with the long lens if you have to lay it down, as long as you have a sleeve for both that is.

I like my Tamrac Cyber Pro

I can fit my Dell Latitude 830 ( 15.4" screen)

Canon 30D, 100mm f2.8. Sigma 50-150 f2.8, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 100-300 f4, 1.4x and 2x teleconverters plus lots of little stuff (charger, batteries, cables, etc.)

It weighs a ton when full and its really tight if I put in the 100-300 in addition to the other stuff, but works as a carry-on.

I don't usually pack it with everything, but could in a pinch. I would usually suggest carrying the big lens separately.

Ian

Last edited:
I have used Domke's little bit bigger bag for many years and really love them. Simple, but lots of storage space and they LAST forever...

I forgot to mention that I use and recommend Lowepro bags. I have a Computrekker AW that I have dragged all over the world with me. Holds a laptop and a good amount of gear, plus a bit of separate space for clothes or lunch etc. I don't think this model would carry all your gear though.

Thanx guys for all the input. Currently I have the Tamrac Pro 12 and the Cyberback 8. Which will be great for now I plan to get the Canon EOS 5D MarkII the sigma 150mm Macro and the MR 14-EX macro flash and I think that should be all my equipment purchase. I think will be my last purchase of equipment for a while and a very long time.

Don't skimp... I use Lowepro and it's great.

Most reactions

Back