Camera Bags

I'm on a budget so this bag will work. I have a gym bag I can use if I need to get all cameras to one place.

I'm one of those who has a cheap tripod but at the time it was because I only had a cheap point and shoot. I need to get a new one soon, though!

What I meant was I have seen some really bad set ups not necessarily you need the most expensive or even Lowerpro, though i do think they are the best. I think my statement before might of been taking wrong. Most good company have basic bags that work really well same goes for tripods and just about everything else. Go with a brand you know that you can trust and that will do the job. I have seen someone put a camera and a lens combo that had to cost over 3K on a tripod I swore he bought for 3 dollars at a yard sale. He had bolts screwed in to keep the legs up. I kid you not. Camera equipment is expensive and yes I feel they are built fairly well and can tak a bit of a beating, but should be minimal as much as possible.

I have a Tamrac 5612 pro 12 bag. It currently carries:

Gripped D90
Nikon 28-80mm F/3.3-5.6G
Nikon 80-200mm F/2.8D ED IF (coming tuesday)
Nikon 50mm F/1.8D
Nikon 35-70mm F/3.3-4.5D AF
Sigma 105mm F/2.8D DG EX Macro
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Nikon SB-600 flash
Gary Fong knock-off inverted dome diffuser w/cloud and amberdome
Lumiquest LQ-107 softbox
Cokin P-series filter holder and various adapter rings
Nikon Battery charger
AA charger
USB card reader
cleaning kit
D90 user Manual
SB-600 instruction manual

And various other odds and ends. Inside the actual bag, Ive had to make make-shift mid-level divider, so the bottom half of the inside of the bag is unused. PLENTY of room for me to grow into..still. This bag truly is fantastic. I love it to death. Photos will be up tomorrow.

Mark

I have a Tamrac 5612 pro 12 bag. It currently carries:

Gripped D90
Nikon 28-80mm F/3.3-5.6G
Nikon 80-200mm F/2.8D ED IF (coming tuesday)
Nikon 50mm F/1.8D
Nikon 35-70mm F/3.3-4.5D AF
Sigma 105mm F/2.8D DG EX Macro
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Nikon SB-600 flash
Gary Fong knock-off inverted dome diffuser w/cloud and amberdome
Lumiquest LQ-107 softbox
Cokin P-series filter holder and various adapter rings
Nikon Battery charger
AA charger
USB card reader
cleaning kit
D90 user Manual
SB-600 instruction manual

And various other odds and ends. Inside the actual bag, Ive had to make make-shift mid-level divider, so the bottom half of the inside of the bag is unused. PLENTY of room for me to grow into..still. This bag truly is fantastic. I love it to death. Photos will be up tomorrow.

Mark

Look forward to seeing it...looks like it holds quite a bit haha. Space for lunch too? :lol:

Space for lunch for two or three. And it has a tripod holder. You could carry two thermoses on that and clip two or three more on the back or sides.

Mark

Wow. I've got to look into that bag once I get some new glass. Especially after a 70-200L IS USM comes in :er: I'm def going to need a bigger bag.

One caveat I think we are forgetting, is the difference between business and pleasure. I mainly use my tamrac backpack as stated, but keep my large tamrac shoulder bag for any future gigs, like a wedding. If I paid someone a grand or two to photograph my wedding, I would be concerned if they showed uo with a ratty duffle bag or even a backpack. Granted that has no bearing on skill, but perception goes a long way. Same reason why a good restaurant will never serve you food on chipped up plates, but will sure garnish the crap out of everything.

Right now I'm debating about getting a bag that'll hold two camera bodies with attached 18-55, 18-70 lenses, plus two telephoto lenses, filters, accessories, and a couple of flash unites. A place for my Canon Powershot would be nice as well.

I use a Lowepro - Photo Trekker AW II most of the time, but other, smaller bags and fannypacks are involved too.

Buck_backpack_DSC00647.jpg

Buck_tripod_DSC00759.jpg

Most reactions

Back