Camera Bags

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey there,

Looking for some recommendations for a good SLR bag that will hold the body with a lens on, and preferably a zoom lens and charging accessories etc also?

Any personal favourites and why?

Anyone dropped their bag with the cam in etc and how did it fair?

I'll pay up to and around about £30.

Thanks guys.

Tamrac Velocity 3 is a good bag for a SLR and a zoom lens. Also has room for some additional accessories. I've never dropped my camera (knock on wood) but it seems like a sturdy and easy to haul around bag.

Hey Becky!

Well mine cost me £60 but well worth it, i got it on eBay, Brand New! And they got loads! Its a Qentis Photo BackPack, it even has space for my laptop, with a special compartment and padding. You recieve a really good tripod with it aswell which has a seperate bag but can be attached to the side of the backpack with the pocket and strap. Personally i think it is amazing, i have even dropped it and nothing got broke or damaged and no rips or tears, and i dropped it from quite a height by accident. I think its amazing! and well worth the money in my opinion. Good Luck..

I just searched on eBay UK and here is a link to one of them...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15201&item=7533307082&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Good Luck!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey There,
I have quite a few bags I use. Shoulder type as well as back packs. I get the most use out of the back pack type. I have dropped it once or twice. The worst was when a strap broke holding the pack to my roof rack while driving off road shooting a 4x4 jamboree. I was not going very fast and the bag only fell about 6 feet and tumble about a cars length after hitting the ground. One flash got damaged. keep in mind that the cameras were 2- Nikon F4s bodies which are made out of titanium so they didn't feel a thing. Anyway, the back packs are nice when you are on foot alot and come in alot of sizes. A word to the wise: the bigger the bag/pack the heavier you tend to make it filling it with stuff. Keep it simple or your shoulders and back will hate you.....Good luck

SLOShooter said:
I have a Crumpler - Formal Lounge. I like it quite a bit. Haven't dropped it yet though, knock on wood.

Same here and I LOVE it :) Holds a laptop as well as one camera or two with lenses, depending on how you situate them...

I've got a couple of Lowepro bags, they are great. The smaller one is perfect for the camera with a zoom lens on, and it has a pocket on the front for batteries, cords etc. There is also a small interior pocket that is perfect for holding CF cards etc.

I use it with a shoulder strap but it could also go on a belt. It's good for casual shooting and keeping the camera safe and accessible while traveling...but I've also got a few other 'bigger' bags to hold all the gear. So if you get a small bag, plan to get a bigger one because you will some day need it.

Adorama's SLinger is awesome and I can fit my 300D w large battery pack, two lens (one being a large ANDDDD!!! a small flash...just in the main compartment. there are slot and pouches all over the thing so filter, lense cleaners, body caps, etc.. fits nicely...i think they are on sell for unser $30(us)...here is a link... http://www.adorama.com/GBSLMR.html?searchinfo=slinger&item_no=3

got a couple bags, but mainly use two of late. The tamrac tele-zoom pack for when I need to be really mobile or know I am going to be climbing or sliding in tight spaces.

The other is an earlier version of the Lowepro Orion tracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOShooter
I have a Crumpler - Formal Lounge. I like it quite a bit. Haven't dropped it yet though, knock on wood.

Same here and I LOVE it :) Holds a laptop as well as one camera or two with lenses, depending on how you situate them...

--------------------------------------------------------

Couldnt agree more. Go for crumpler! There practical and funky. Id recommend buying from ebay because they can be pricey brand new. www.crumpler.com.au

Even if you decide against it still look at the site its funny and will brighten anyones day!

On its way :)

Went for a large in one of their styles...

Most reactions

Back