Camera for YouTube videos with 1080p+60fsp - prefer compact

Most cameras today that shoot video can shoot at 1080p, but if you ever find yourself cropping, you'll end up with very soft 1080p-produced videos. Cropping a 1080p video will result in an even smaller format, such as 720. When you resize that back up to 1080, it looks like crap by today's standards.

Any way to avoid that without resorting to 4K video?

Most cameras today that shoot video can shoot at 1080p, but if you ever find yourself cropping, you'll end up with very soft 1080p-produced videos. Cropping a 1080p video will result in an even smaller format, such as 720. When you resize that back up to 1080, it looks like crap by today's standards.

Frame your shots properly to begin with and you won't need to crop.

Sometimes, one needs to set a camera on a tripod and take a video of themselves. You can't pan and stand in front of the camera at the same time.

Sometimes, one needs to set a camera on a tripod and take a video of themselves. You can't pan and stand in front of the camera at the same time.
its very easy you know where you are gonna sit so you set the tripod position accordingly. you can see the frame of the shot and you can see of its set properly. or you can sit something where you plan so sit. people have been making youtube videos for 11 yours without 4k. all it takes is effort and if you don't have time to put in the effort then the channel has already failed! the notion you need 4k is absolutely moronic!

its very easy you know where you are gonna sit so you set the tripod position accordingly. you can see the frame of the shot and you can see of its set properly. or you can sit something where you plan so sit. people have been making youtube videos for 11 yours without 4k. all it takes is effort and if you don't have time to put in the effort then the channel has already failed! the notion you need 4k is absolutely moronic!

Painfully obvious you didn't read my post.

No I did and its pure laziness. You can pan you can tilt because tripods have arms on the made for panning and tilting. how much movement is there standing in front of a chroma screen or sitting at a chair. Reporters are their own photogs these days and they go out and do full on live shots by themselves without 4k. why is youtube any different. don't steer someone who is new to filmmaking and just starting out to by **** they don't need! This is my job this is what I do for a living I know what im talking about!

@MagicCC

my advice is go to a video forum and get opinions from people who do this for a living not people on a photo first forum.
nofilmschool.com
www.dvxuser.com
here is a link to one of the biggest youtubers there is. he doesn't use 4k

No I did and its pure laziness. You can pan you can tilt because tripods have arms on the made for panning and tilting. how much movement is there standing in front of a chroma screen or sitting at a chair. Reporters are their own photogs these days and they go out and do full on live shots by themselves without 4k. why is youtube any different. don't steer someone who is new to filmmaking and just starting out to by **** they don't need! This is my job this is what I do for a living I know what im talking about!

Once again, your ignorance is showing. You obviously did NOT read it.

You simply cannot accept the fact that there are others in this world who do things different than you do. And they do so because their needs are budgets are different than yours. Not everyone has access to $1mil production facilities like you do.

Get over yourself.

Don't teach people to be lazy and fix it in post because that doesn't teach anything

You simply cannot accept the fact that there are others in this world who do things different than you do. And they do so because their needs are budgets are different than yours. Not everyone has access to $1mil production facilities like you do.

Get over yourself.
hOW AR

Get over yourself.
How are you talking about needs and budgets when you are looking past the need which is for youtube and looking past the budget which is $400
Can you read I said was an expensive camera IS NOT NEEDED and i provided cheap options what don't you get. are the words im using to big for your mentally challenged mind to understand?

Get over yourself.
Get your head out of your a** and stop trolling!

Wow. What a totally elitist attitude.

How about we try a challenge? Are you up for it? OK, here it is:

Take a 1080p video of a scene. Your camera is on a tripod. You walk into the scene, and need to start at one end of the scene, walk across it, and have the final video pan with you (mind you, this is the part of post you didn't read before. Don't worry... it's still there in my post. You can go back and read it. Go ahead, I'll wait), then when you stop, the pan needs to stop. Take this in 1080p, then crop the pan in post in 1080p.

Please, let the rest of us low-life/broke morons who don't do this for a living how you pros do this magic trick.

Please, I'd really like to know.

And for your convenience, here's a video showing you what I'm referring to, since you probably didn't read half of this post:

Wow, Sparky - I see you found another winner.

Wow. What a totally elitist attitude.

How about we try a challenge? Are you up for it? OK, here it is:

Take a 1080p video of a scene. Your camera is on a tripod. You walk into the scene, and need to start at one end of the scene, walk across it, and have the final video pan with you (mind you, this is the part of post you didn't read before. Don't worry... it's still there in my post. You can go back and read it. Go ahead, I'll wait), then when you stop, the pan needs to stop. Take this in 1080p, then crop the pan in post in 1080p.

Please, let the rest of us low-life/broke morons who don't do this for a living how you pros do this magic trick.

Please, I'd really like to know.

And for your convenience, here's a video showing you what I'm referring to, since you probably didn't read half of this post:

do you understand the concept of editing right You frame yourself from your waist up in shot 1(camR) do what you need to do pan the camera to shot 2 (camera L) and do what you do. Nobody gives a crap about the walk in the middle that sh*t would hit the floor in an edit booth. But maybe it's me with my elitist attitude who thinks like this or maybe it's anybody with godda*mn sense would. And in all honesty I see your point which is do it lazy and not properly! Its not rocket science! Here is a challenge Go buy a 4k camera for 4the budget of $450 and then get a mic cause you cant make videos without that and also get lights because they will be needed too!

do you understand the concept of editing right You frame yourself from your waist up in shot 1(camR) do what you need to do pan the camera to shot 2 (camera L) and do what you do. Nobody gives a crap about the walk in the middle that sh*t would hit the floor in an edit booth. But maybe it's me with my elitist attitude who thinks like this or maybe it's anybody with godda*mn sense would. And in all honesty I see your point which is do it lazy and not properly! Its not rocket science! Here is a challenge Go buy a 4k camera for 4the budget of $450 and then get a mic cause you cant make videos without that and also get lights because they will be needed too!

Do you understand the concept of NEEDING to pan the scene?
This is where you fail miserably. You believe YOUR way is the ONLY way things need to be done. Sorry, but the world does not revolve around YOU and your holier-than-thou attitude.

You can swear at me all you want. It merely makes you look the fool that you are.

Congratulations. You're now on my
ingore5-1.gif
list. You are not worthy of any more of my time.

Most reactions

Back